• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image In light of the stock market's recent sell-off, what is your current strategy? Posted Image Buying Posted Image 34% Holding tight Posted Image 56% Selling Posted Image 12%
172019 Votes to date Yahoo! Finance Quiz results...

Not very good considering this...

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

When did the poll start. I imagine some attitudes have changed a bit. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

I believe this poll was taken over the weekend since Friday. It is still going if you go to finance.yahoo.com and slide all the way down on the right.

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

Kisa, would I be correct in concluding that the sentiment is bullish on Yahoo and which actually means more decline ahead? Sorry about asking dumb questions, but I am as dumb as they get :blink:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

The reason I ask is because I used to look at those things until I fount out one time that I was looking at the results over a 2 week period. I said, "thanks for nuttin'". :P Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Well, we can say overall they are not quite intimated by the decline so far. I think this is the mentality ahead of the retracement rallies, some will buy even more, some will feel relief that the worst is behind... The non-farm payrolls were really weak, there is no inflation risk here, Fed should feel very comfortable. I do not think the current conditions justify for a straight down into a bear market from here either... Technically, the market is also quite oversold, it can get more oversold, but the internals are bottoming, so it should bounce. I doubt the market will go down 4 wks in a row from the new highs while all of the long term moving averages are still up... famous last words... - kisa

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

I had trouble even finding it on Yahoo! I suspect that you've got an old poll. If TheStreet.com has only a couple hundred with an easy to find poll, I can't believe that Yahoo's poll could get that many responses in a couple days. If I had to guess, that's a two week old poll. Worse, it could be a month old poll. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

It is right on the first page at the bottom right, I just checked the number of votes and it says now 173699 votes, or 1700 more, for the afternoon... You are probably right, I do not think it is a month old, but probably about a week old. I have seen many times their polls getting 30-40k responses within a day.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

Heck, Kisa, Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't trust any poll that I can't watch closely and understand the start and finish time. BTW, the other polls, as you probably have already noted from the email I just sent you, are showing not so much pessimism yet, so it's sort of irrelevant what Yahoo! is saying. Other stuff is saying not enough fear yet for the ultimate low. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here: