these guys like cramer are clueless on the real estate mkt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

Rates can go to zero and it wont matter!!!there is zero equity in most of the properties and the 100% loans are gone for people with sh*ty credit

#2 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

Rates can go to zero and it wont matter!!!there is zero equity in most of the properties and the 100% loans are gone for people with sh*ty credit

You're right. But the question is whether the politicians change any of the rules, or whether lenders decide that it is prudent to rewrite the terms of loans rather than take the property back, spend the foreclosure costs, and then lose money on the sale of the house. I'm not predicting that any of this will happen. Just pointing out that it could happen in today's climate.

#3 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

You're right. But the question is whether the politicians change any of the rules, or whether lenders decide that it is prudent to rewrite the terms of loans rather than take the property back, spend the foreclosure costs, and then lose money on the sale of the house. I'm not predicting that any of this will happen. Just pointing out that it could happen in today's climate.

its a band aid on a broken leg....!!!

#4 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

The 50 & 60 year loan is on the horizon! They can never own their house :cry:
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.

#5 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

I don't think they care...they'll just repossess the homes, sell them off to some REIT and then rent them back to us. the banks own us, one way or another.
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/