2 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

:) Coal & railroad stocks are running hard at the moment. B) :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 Curt

Curt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

Railroads run inverse to cost of diesel. 10am gas inventory number was up so the prospect is for lower fuel costs. We'll see how long the rally lasts given coal hauling is flat and is down from last year. Ag hauling was down and with poor crops (check in this) ag hauling may not pick up. Long term Buffet is dead on, buy, short term I think the rails will be up and down. Fuel costs are not likely to go down long/medium term, we know this, eh? Just my opinions, curt

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

:)
Lets also look at some other factors. Winter is coming and nuclear power plants are 5-15 years away.
Will not matter if air is clean or not, so far we must have electric power. NG prices will start to rise, short supply and shipping is not sufficient yet to supply all the demand. Price of uranium is falling so hard push for new mines or plants has weakened.

Spot uranium looks like it's coming off of a parabolic peak and has been falling.

In walks coal and coal is best carried by rail. Early in the game, but thats when the "price is right."
Just some thoughts.
Best to you, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!