short NRO

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

14.7, stop 15, - small position. Value trap.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

14.7, stop 15, - small position.

Value trap.

Another short pick for you. RAS Dividend even higher then NRO.
According to the vast amount of short sellers on Yahoo board, they are going out of business very soon.

Don't pay attention to insider buying last few days. They are all clueless losers.

Good luck.

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

Where is your long entry? Any stop?

#4 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

I am asking about NRO.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

RAS is up almost a buck since I posted. Can't get a better shorting opp then this. Also look at all those garbage REITs that NRO is holding.. they are all up 5-10% today. Nevermind that as those stocks are running NRO's discount gets deeper. This has got to be the shorting opportunity of a lifetime. right here. Nail the suckers.

#6 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

What's the point in turning this board into a yahoo board? If you have a long position in NRO, you can state your entry/exit.

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

I am asking about NRO.

Average around here.

Now what does value trap mean ? That it won't go up ? with 13% income I don't care :D

If the REITS that NRO is holding will stabilize or start creeping up, like utilities did after Enron debacle and NRO doesn't move.. that means only one thing.... deep discount on NRO.. take over target and so on.

And look at REITS today up 5-10%.

Edited by ogm, 08 August 2007 - 11:55 AM.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

I'm in a 1/2 position at 14.35. This is a classic play. Buying liquid assets at a discount to a discount. Greenie, in my professional opinion (and with respect for you), irrespective of the sector play, this is about the dumbest trade I've seen in a while. Considering how well you played the mortgage sector on the way down, I can only guess that it has affected your ego. This trade has the makings of a loser even if your overall thesis plays out. There is so much garbage out there to short, why subject yourself to a guaranteed 1% loss every month unless the stock goes down? Why short something at 14 that has a liquid value of around 15.30 (I'm guessing at that, but ogm can probably give you a closer estimate)? I don't care WHAT sector it's in, that's a low odds play with a rotten risk reward. Now, if you're nimble, you might be able to nick a small, short-term profit, but it hardly seems worth it, when there are other things to trade short term and long term, well, long term you have to get a 13% drop to break even. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

Agree, its an EGO trade :)

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

And If I'm wrong, I'll sell it and take the loss vs. a gain. I've got plenty. I just know this, this type of long idea I'll take every time it comes along. I'll be wrong every once in a while, but the vast majority of the time, I'll win. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter