• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...tan_emergency_6

While we focus on sand and dirt (diversion), the "real" terriost are getting closer and closer to "real WMD!

Folk, the "real" threats are in Pstan. To borrow Semi's phrase, smoke and mirrors in Iraq. Folks we need to wake the politicians or who ever in charge that listens. IMHO :cry:
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#2 emkay

emkay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

Does it matter? and How will it effect the MARKETS?

#3 dracus

dracus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

smoke and mirrors in Iraq. Folks we need to wake the politicians or who ever in charge that listens. IMHO :cry:

Planting our forces in the middle of the holy land of the enemy is warfare 101, fight on their soil not yours. Obviously Iraq and Saddam were never a threat, only a fool would think the US would be threatened by such weak nation, our troops are there for Iran, and our troops are in Afghanistan exactly because of the threat that is Pakistan. Even during WW2 there has never been a case were so many troops were so strategically positioned in such a short time. We are never leaving Iraq, geez we still have troops in Kosovo from when Clinton sent them in to protect the muslims there from the serbs. We still have troops in Korea, get over it and realise Iraq was an awesome move that puts our troops within striking distance of Russia, Syria, Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and it's on top of 10% of the worlds oil reserves to boot. If you think this is Bush's war then he has proven himself to be a military leader on par with Patton or Alexander the Great. Here is the most important point about our troops in Iraq. Every single jihadist in the world is walking, riding, swimming, and stinking his way to our ARMY and not our malls and offices. Get the picture, not a single terrorist hit on our soil since we've been there, read it and weep. This has nothing to do with the markets except that I would buy Iraqi Dinar if it were legal cause we are going to do to them what we did to Japan and Germany. We are never leaving that country. We are going to turn them into a virtual colony who will buy our treasuries to back up their currency with our petro dollars we will be sending them.

Edited by dracus, 08 August 2007 - 06:28 PM.

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Emkay...any serious event in Pakistan will affect the markets. If Musharraf falls, most likely the jihadists will be in control. That is extremely serious since then they have nukes. Dracus...you got it right bro. I did not realize there was anyone else on TT with deep understanding of the geopolitical situation in ME besides me hehe.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

Nothing in the short term and markets could care less. My concern is from the humanity point of view. I don't want to paint end of the world scenario but things can get out of hand quickly. What is that law, when things can go wrong they certainly will. Think about what Pakistan has and it is ready to go with a flick of switch. Nuclear Missles. They tested along with India several years back. Now, you get some crazies or emotion driven extremist in control with the help of the public. Poof, you wake up one day with disasters over the globe. Now, suppose Iran is behind this chaos there, poof. Don't need to enrich anymore. Auto program to fire at will from Theran. It is about living in a world to see my kids grow and seeing their kids. I don't care about $ when it comes to safety and security.

Edited by skyymaster, 08 August 2007 - 06:45 PM.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

This is looking a bit political, so I'll admonish all to try to keep to TA and as far from politics as possible. Thanks!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter