Photo

When was the last time you tried to get a new mortgage?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hedgehawk

hedgehawk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

I was talking to a friend of mine who owns a Mortgage broker business, he tells me that it is very difficult to fund a new mortgage if your credit score is below 660 even with a decent down payment. Previously it was 600 could get you in a new mortgage with zero down. In addition, he tells me that Jumbo loans over 410K have an interest rate of 8% due to the size of the loan. These developments should really weigh on the higher priced real estate markets like CA where high leveraged loan markets once thrived. I believe these high priced markets are dependent on high leveraged loans so I would think that rents should go up.......and houses will not move. But if you have credit score over 660 it is business as usual. I know a lot of you already know this but this hit close to home for me as it paints a different picture for me of the current situation.

#2 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

Some Banks bumped up rates to 8% with 30% down last week. Credit shutting down. Go figure.
OTIS.

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

Some Banks bumped up rates to 8% with 30% down last week. Credit shutting down. Go figure.

Wow!! That is ridiculous. I went to the fridge this morning, and someone drank all my Kool-Aid...

Barry

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

It wasn't so long ago that 20% used to be normal and 30% down was the minimum for a stated. Conditions are moving back to what were once normal and prudent.