In deference to....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

Fed and ECB injections, i am going long here. Bought QQQQ Sep calls around QQQQ 48.45 area. Stop below intraday lows. Just another trade.... Not playing futures here until the market calms down a bit.

Edited by NAV, 09 August 2007 - 11:16 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

I must say the declining equity P/C at 0.63 and low overall P/C seems to be telling many are thinking and speculating like you do, but next week or even tomorrow might be totally different if you are willing to hold that long. I am just thinking the day should close at the lows, I am still thinking the 50 dma will be tagged at some point over the next 1-2 weeks...

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

I must say the declining equity P/C at 0.63 and low overall P/C seems to be telling many are thinking and speculating like you do, but next week or even tomorrow might be totally different if you are willing to hold that long. I am just thinking the day should close at the lows, I am still thinking the 50 dma will be tagged at some point over the next 1-2 weeks...

No i am not holding if today's lows are broken. Call it a PPT failure and look for the next trade :D I will close as soon as NQ hits 1966.

Edited by NAV, 09 August 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

You know why this could be a big C-wave down now, because the optimism there was yesterday (including me) and all of the truth is now being uncovered, the central banks did all they could to stop it during the wave-B... Something to think about...

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

You know why this could be a big C-wave down now, because the optimism there was yesterday (including me) and all of the truth is now being uncovered, the central banks did all they could to stop it during the wave-B...

Something to think about...

Could be. I am stopped out again for a small loss. Again, don't trust this market either way. No more trades for me today.

Edited by NAV, 09 August 2007 - 12:29 PM.

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

I covered my short positions here for about 5 OEX points. I am sure it will dump in the last hour now :P Anyway, I want to see whether the 50 dma will be in play from here now, quite a bit reward for the risk...