Qu'est-ce que c'est?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

Maybe you guys speak french ... looks like no one cares about trends anymore.

the board looks quite bullish... hell even greenie covered something :lol:

once it was 1555, now it must be cheap at 1450 right? be careful, the recent bounce gave lots of ammo for the further downside ... in other words, IT internals are far away from being climactic.

you get your clues from what is happening to the leadership now...

someone gonna pay big time next week (those who eat like birds are due to ******** like elephants)

Posted Image

Edited by A-ha, 10 August 2007 - 11:58 AM.

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

Aha! That's a mighty familiar looking type of chart. I'm glad you're still with us...

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

as you can see from my signature, I am xD... but the recent changes made me wanna get rid of my old nick name...

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

An imminent shock might be diverted for now. Although it will take some time for the credit spreads to come down, the worst is over rally might be about to begin, BUT... But did anything change for the credit markets as of today? Will the disruption of the credit markets have any compounding effects into this winter? If the Fed cuts the rates, will it repair everything overnight?!? The wide trading range should continue for several months here, at best, since not much has improved for the long term... Yep! Caution... - kisa

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

XD,

The chart you posted might look completely different by the EOD. The day ain't over yet !.

I do agree with you that today's test was not climactic. I think the climactic move will come from higher levels and further down in time. There's so much of attention for a crash here, that it ain't gonna happen. And the bastages are intervening big time here. Global synchronized intervention....

I am just keeping an open mind here....

Edited by NAV, 10 August 2007 - 12:34 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 underabigw

underabigw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

A-ha, Glad to see you posting again. I put in a reply to your earlier post but it will probably get lost since it is so far down so I will reply again here. Your earlier Russell 2k chart looks like it is fighting to stay above the trend line. With its recent relative strength after leading the decline, is it giving the shorts a heads-up that the correction might be coming to an end? Or, does your S&P chart hold more weight since it is showing a trend line break? It looks like the market sending us mixed signals? What is your outlook for the IT to LT? Thanks.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Come on NAV, no need to call them that way, they are doing their jobs to stabilize for the benefit of everybody, just not the traders! :lol:

#8 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

From my experience, a reversal from below or above a trend line, after a violation (a close below or above the TL) is extrememly rare on weekly charts. (in other words weekly fakeout are rare) We close below the TL last week, , the reason we sold off all the way down here is to stay intact with what has happened last week in my opinion. Yesterday VIX opened above 6/13/2006 high, and held it all day like a text book breakout... vixxo is going to 36 imo

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

Come on NAV, no need to call them that way, they are doing their jobs to stabilize for the benefit of everybody, just not the traders! :lol:

Ah, cruel me :D

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

hell even greenie covered something :lol:

I covered only half of something :)...and you know why, they lifted homebuilders like CTX so high that I had to take a bite. It is a rare opportunity before they are gone.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !