I repeat....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

As long as the Weekly CCI remains below -100, no bottom can be confirmed and the market remains vulnerable to the downside. As of today's close SPX weekly CCI remains at -162. We are still in the black hole, despite all the Global synchronized intervention (copyrighted by me :D ).

We did not see any capitulation today, nor was there any climactic characteristics to the move. But there was fear, plenty of it. VIX made a new high, while the SPX refused to break below Aug 6 lows. That was a pretty strong divergence which hinted of a rally. Once the hourly turned, i was aboard the countertrend rally. How far the rally carries us, i have no clue. We could go and retest the ES 1510 highs or crap out before that. I will short the next hourly continuation sell, whenever that comes.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

As long as the Weekly CCI remains below -100, no bottom can be confirmed and the market remains vulnerable to the downside. As of today's close SPX weekly CCI remains at -162. We are still in the black hole, despite all the Global synchronized intervention (copyrighted by me :D ).

We did not see any capitulation today, nor was there any climactic characteristics to the move. But there was fear, plenty of it. VIX made a new high, while the SPX refused to break below Aug 6 lows. That was a pretty strong divergence which hinted of a rally. Once the hourly turned, i was aboard the countertrend rally. How far the rally carries us, i have no clue. We could go and retest the ES 1510 highs or crap out before that. I will short the next hourly continuation sell, whenever that comes.

As always, thanks for the heads up. I assume you did not have to use the portable device today. No reply necessary to the last statement. :lol:

Edited by skyymaster, 10 August 2007 - 03:15 PM.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

As always, thanks for the heads up. I assume you did not have to use the portable device today. No reply necessary to the last statement. :lol:

skymaster,

This volatility seems to be never ending. So i got that portable device attached to my computer chair now.
:lol:

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

NAV..what CCI setting are you using on the weekly? I think I figured it out, but asking to be sure.

#5 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

You won't belive this but they actually have a professional condom type device that is attached to an IVY type bag for urine and it is strapped to ones leg by the ankles. I think I saw it in the SFO magazine. And it is only about $30 bucks. :P

Edited by skyymaster, 10 August 2007 - 03:26 PM.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

NAV..what CCI setting are you using on the weekly? I think I figured it out, but asking to be sure.

You won't belive this but they actually have a professional condom type device that is attached to an IVY type bag for urine and it is strapped to ones leg by the ankles. I think I saw it in the SFO magazine. And it is only about $30 bucks. :P

LOL, my wife will think i am a pervert :P

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

thank you.

#8 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

I have to agree here. I'm positioned mostly short. Holding individual stocks and a very large short in
ES.

:sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

In Oct. 2005 spx went up after 14 - cci was below 100, this time it diverged a little too, a/d diverging and a nice doji on the daily vix, there should be stong rally now...monday morning could see some testing though.
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=W&b=5&g=0&i=p52254209383&r=9426.png
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/