truth in lending ........

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

i know most of you are inundated with offers to refinance your homes and/or extract equity.

i leave my fax machine turned off for this reason.

i usually have at least a few refinance ofers a week on my answering machine and i'n sure i've gotten at least a tree's worth of solicitations in the mail so far.

lately the offers have been more frequent and desperate but the honesty of this most recent plea really caught my eye........ :lol: !

ed rader

Posted Image

Edited by ed rader, 12 August 2007 - 03:24 PM.

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

that is hilarious! borrow to take the money out, as much as possible and guaranetee a negative equity position.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

How come I don't get many "refinance" offers? :cry: Could it be because my house was purchased with a check instead of a mortgage? Well, the proceeds from our California house were more than enough to pay for this one in WA state. The lady at the title company looked a bit confused when I told her I did not have to supply a certificate of home insurance since I was paying cash :lol: But I have received letters for reverse mortgaes where they offer to pay roughly 60% of home value in cash and I never have to pay it back! Very tempting for some folks I am sure. The catch is, the house belongs to them when you die, not your heirs.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule