I thought the fed was pumping..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

Despite all the news hoopla, looks like the amount sloshing.. is kinda low.

Take a look at that Total Submitted tho..

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

Posted Image

Notice the 10 day average is also above Mondays sloshing value. No way the FED is going to cut.
My FED model shows they are in ease mode. It has 9 inputs and is weighted for each input. Above 65% a cut is possible, as of Friday it was at 78%. That tells me they are in easy money mode just not ready to cut.

Today on CNBC....BREAKING NEWS..FED INJECTS 2 BILLION LIQUIDITY. Did they tell you the 38 billion injected Friday was removed? Nooooo

All day today, FED contiues to inject liquidity.... Bunch of liars

Edited by LarryT, 13 August 2007 - 10:10 PM.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#3 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image

Notice the 10 day average is also above Mondays sloshing value. No way the FED is going to cut.
My FED model shows they are in ease mode. It has 9 inputs and is weighted for each input. Above 65% a cut is possible, as of Friday it was at 78%. That tells me they are in easy money mode just not ready to cut.

Today on CNBC....BREAKING NEWS..FED INJECTS 2 BILLION LIQUIDITY. Did they tell you the 38 billion injected Friday was removed? Nooooo

I agree. No FED cut anytime soon. Cramer was hallucinating. :D

Edited by nimblebear, 13 August 2007 - 10:57 PM.

OTIS.

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:47 PM

I think the Fed will start the easing language only if the market starts to slip lower and lower. The Fed acted to calm down the panic, but they did help last few months in many billions by using their secondary market operations. The submitted vs accepted loan ratio is also telling that the Fed has been quite restrictive for the past 10 months or so (after Thanksgiving of 2006)...

#5 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

Posted Image

The amount of "sloshing," the size of the Fed's portfolio, has always been in the 20 - 30b range. Thru newly created accepted repos against those that matured, the Fed tries to maintain the portfolio within this desired range. This figure is not important because the spikes are already captured in the "net add" column. The "total submitited" colum is interesting, however, because from there we can see that the panic started on the 9th while the Fed remained relatively calm with 10b pump. It wasn't until the second day that another larger than normal cry for SOS that the Fed decided to double the pump. From these two days, we can see also from the "MBS soloshing" column that almost all of the collateral came from mortgage securities.

Note that the 10 day average goes all the way to 8/20 with activities still unknown except what will be maturing. It's can't be used to judge anything.