Photo

a swingtraders trading plan: when could shorts be covered ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

i don't post specific trades: it becomes too burdensome and i have nothing to sell and i would, fairly, be obligated to repeatedly explain each and every trade. i have tried that before; it leads to way too many demands and, usually, to food fights. but a date range, if the market complies, is worth considering. i am speaking now of late august, somewhen very near that toal lunar eclipse on 8/28/07. this is a date i have been watching anyway, for esoteric phi related reasons. now, we know that many hedge funds will have their redemptions demands all in hand by then. even though the withdrawal dates may be later, they will surely know what they must do, how much money they must raise. and they will surely have raised most of it by then OR gotten bank lines OR decided to freeze. i post all of this in the hopes other swing/position traders will chime in, show up, participate and contribute to the swing/position trading time frame.

#2 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

do a combo spread

i don't post specific trades: it becomes too burdensome and i have nothing to sell and i would, fairly, be obligated to repeatedly explain each and every trade. i have tried that before; it leads to way too many demands and, usually, to food fights.

but a date range, if the market complies, is worth considering. i am speaking now of late august, somewhen very near that toal lunar eclipse on 8/28/07. this is a date i have been watching anyway, for esoteric phi related reasons. now, we know that many hedge funds will have their redemptions demands all in hand by then. even though the withdrawal dates may be later, they will surely know what they must do, how much money they must raise. and they will surely have raised most of it by then OR gotten bank lines OR decided to freeze.

i post all of this in the hopes other swing/position traders will chime in, show up, participate and contribute to the swing/position trading time frame.