Is the problem...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

in the industrials or the finanicals ? Then why the hell does DOW keeps making lows after lows, while the XLF keeps holding the Aug 6 lows ? Or are they sucking in more bulls there, before the final SWOOSH ? Or are they sucking in bears for something diabolical? Since, i don't have the answers, i am just watching the show....

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

They are selling the strongest stocks to raise cash... There is nothing left to sell in the already extremely sold ones...

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

Price action to me on ES seems like it's looking for a bottom...very similar to June 06. lol

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Fear and uncertainty, thats the only problem. Must raise cash. Baby with the bath water. Shoot first, sort em out later.... OMG Someone somewhere stopped redemptions ! Must sell everyhing ! Is economy crashing ? Is consumer going to hold up ? are we going into recession ? Is real estate now completely worthless ? What will happen to trillions of debt out there ? Is the derivatives tower coming down ? Are money market funds safe ? .... and so on.... The grip of FEAR. In reality no one has a clue whats going on, so they are selling stuff just in case. By the way, if someone wants a free bank, buy SOV.... trading at book value now. You pay for the book and get the bank for free. Of course you may say... No way.. they loanded money to somebody, maybe even to "OMG SUBPRIME !" ...... yeah, they loaned money.. thats what banks do :)

Edited by ogm, 14 August 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#5 ken29

ken29

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

Good question from NAV, good answer from Kisacik, still don't know what Tea is smoking........... :P

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

Good question from NAV, good answer from Kisacik, still don't know what Tea is smoking........... :P

Very, very good stuff. Careful...don't put crow on the menu...because I'll be the first to serve it up.

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

In this market, you'd better PLAN on being wrong. Both ways! M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter