Market Speaks About the Future

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

C is trading at 9 times forward earnings with a 4.5% divy yield WMT is trading at 12 times forward earnings with a 2% divy yield GS is trading at 7.5 times forward earnings with a 1.5% divy yield HD is trading at 12 times forward earnings with a 2.5% divy yield I'm no old-timer but been around long enought to know that the market is sniffing something out about the future. Obviously, we're due a rally and estimates may be too high. Energy and certain commodity related issues are holding up and the Shanghai is still looking strong. I'm surprised that many international markets haven't been destroyed here. Looking across the groups the market seems to be saying (probably obvious to many) that the US consumer will be weaker than most currently think and the international markets and economy should hold up OK.

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

C is trading at 9 times forward earnings with a 4.5% divy yield
WMT is trading at 12 times forward earnings with a 2% divy yield
GS is trading at 7.5 times forward earnings with a 1.5% divy yield
HD is trading at 12 times forward earnings with a 2.5% divy yield

I'm no old-timer but been around long enought to know that the market is sniffing something out about the future. Obviously, we're due a rally and estimates may be too high. Energy and certain commodity related issues are holding up and the Shanghai is still looking strong. I'm surprised that many international markets haven't been destroyed here. Looking across the groups the market seems to be saying (probably obvious to many) that the US consumer will be weaker than most currently think and the international markets and economy should hold up OK.

those uraniums have been left for dead! i bought pinetree at 5.50 at the close! you would think i could make a lousy point on it

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

IC...I've been sooo tempted to load up the past couple trading days but have forced myself to wait. There's enough damage on the weekly chart were I think an ABC or at least a retest attempt is warranted.