Photo

stocks really and truly at 28 X earnings ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:53 AM

i admit, sheepishly, that i heard it referred to on CNBC this morning. what was it: dodson something or something like that ? boy did it make them nervous !!!!! joe-k hurried right past that one with a few dismissive comments. this makes me curious, as i think it was printed in a respectable paper. can someone please abstract or link or just give me the bullet points from this study ? thoughts and opinions sought and welcomed, as always. p.s. stuff like this could bust the watermelon WIDE OPEN ! the liquidity argument is history; now valuation is the last reed to lean on.

Edited by humble1, 15 August 2007 - 06:54 AM.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

i admit, sheepishly, that i heard it referred to on CNBC this morning. what was it: dodson something or something like that ?

boy did it make them nervous !!!!!

joe-k hurried right past that one with a few dismissive comments. this makes me curious, as i think it was printed in a respectable paper. can someone please abstract or link or just give me the bullet points from this study ?

thoughts and opinions sought and welcomed, as always.

p.s. stuff like this could bust the watermelon WIDE OPEN ! the liquidity argument is history; now valuation is the last reed to lean on.

I haven't seen the study, but the GAAP number is around 16. We don't have any more of that pro-forma BS...