• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

If it doesn't rally right now, the next hour will be very brutal.

#12 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

I think you have a good chance to do good on this trade.

This channel looks like bullish for NDX at the first glance. BUT other major indices like S&P broke below similar channel structures and formed gigantic fakeouts, so far they led the market down.

IF NDX breaks down here, it should quickly accelerate and take over the leadership on the downside

Posted Image

xd,

what is your current position - if you dont mind.
“be right and sit tight”

#13 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

short SPU7 from 1505, short uso from 57 short rkh xlf and lots of individual issues from SP=1505 level..except BSC which i shorted a few days ago around 115

Edited by A-ha, 15 August 2007 - 12:19 PM.

#14 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

anyone remember the details (time span, exercise price) of that HUGE spx put buffet sold a year or so ago ? i think it was for five years or so but at much lower spx. i put this in a note somewhere but cannot find it. i SURE would like to be reminded of the strike price and expiration. please help !

Edited by humble1, 15 August 2007 - 12:37 PM.

#15 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

A-ha, I think the week should close at the highs or flat from here, look at the periods of the hourly pulses (high points) on NDX, this was the low point, kind of. Despite the elevated new highs, it is still divergent from its previous high and the breadth is doing much better, the lows also coming on lower volume. There is no bottom picking needed here, the market is really beaten up and it can rally even only on the short covering here... I would take my short profits a bit at least, but you know what you are doing, I guess... btw, add to that list the divergent implied volatilities too... ... and the divergent MCOs... ... and the small caps puting a higher low... ... and the growth issues getting beaten up the last... ... and if it doesn't rally go 1000% short! :D

#16 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

short SPU7 from 1505, short uso from 57

short rkh xlf and lots of individual issues from SP=1505 level..except BSC which i shorted a few days ago around 115

thanks atilla, good luck with those. i am flat and waiting for direction, find this market to be very difficult to navigate and hard to understand. 'technically' we should have seen a major bottom and been rallying by now, why we are not is beyond me. Could be rotten from core, same reason why your climax indicator failed - scary.
“be right and sit tight”

#17 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

It just broke out of the declining wedge, if it can keep this for a few hours, it can rally well tomorrow... (this is actually for OEX)

#18 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

short rkh xlf and lots of individual issues from SP=1505 level..except BSC which i shorted a few days ago around 115

thanks atilla, good luck with those. i am flat and waiting for direction, find this market to be very difficult to navigate and hard to understand. 'technically' we should have seen a major bottom and been rallying by now, why we are not is beyond me. Could be rotten from core, same reason why your climax indicator failed - scary.

check your message box

Edited by A-ha, 15 August 2007 - 01:11 PM.

#19 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

An intraday cyclical low was due at this point and because the market managed to rally it is puting a higher low. It should hold this line and rally from here... Let's see...

#20 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

me? or kisa?

...i dont have anything..

check your message box

“be right and sit tight”