DEAD CAT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Weakest dead cat bounce I ever saw. We did make it to 1440 as expected then it simply died. Below 1415 this week, stick a fork in it. Larry
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#2 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

Weakest dead cat bounce I ever saw. We did make it to 1440 as expected then it simply died. Below 1415 this week, stick a fork in it.

Larry

isnt the march low the 'stick a fork in it' point?
“be right and sit tight”

#3 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Weakest dead cat bounce I ever saw. We did make it to 1440 as expected then it simply died. Below 1415 this week, stick a fork in it.

Larry

Yeah, that is the stab it with a knife, 1415 was the fork. Bulls point of recognjition is the March low. Now, the March low is only 30 points or so above the 2006 May high which is where a normal 235 new moon and four year cycle would have topped. Below 1336 will be the panic.

Larry

Twitter site

#4 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

lol Larry, aint it tho. Well they still got 20 minutes to close above it, but its getting rather ugly out there. I suppose if stick a fork in it holds, then stab it with a knife is coming around the corner.

I, like you, am quite pissed off at missing the majority of this down move. So i am gonna go and whine about it to someone.

Larry

Yeah, that is the stab it with a knife, 1415 was the fork. Bulls point of recognjition is the March low. Now, the March low is only 30 points or so above the 2006 May high which is where a normal 235 new moon and four year cycle would have topped. Below 1336 will be the panic.

Larry

“be right and sit tight”

#5 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

lol Larry, aint it tho. Well they still got 20 minutes to close above it, but its getting rather ugly out there. I suppose if stick a fork in it holds, then stab it with a knife is coming around the corner.

I, like you, am quite pissed off at missing the majority of this down move. So i am gonna go and whine about it to someone.

Larry

Larry

What really kills me no end is I shorted the futures at 1558 and told myself, Larry you hold that short until September no matter what and I got cute and took profits. No problem I said, the August 20th up cycle high at 1500-1515 I short it again. aaaggghhhhh

Edited by LarryT, 15 August 2007 - 03:01 PM.

Twitter site

#6 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

Another great call, LarryT -- saw your early am post re significance of 1417/1440 pivots and the markets took these cues exactly as you forecast. Pls continue to keep us posted -- thx !

Edited by beta, 15 August 2007 - 03:15 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#7 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

wow Larry, that is uncanny. I shorted at those price targets, TWICE. I got real cute, real quick. Instead of booking profits I took losses on consecutive attempts at going long. I dont understand how stupid I must be in order to do this crap over and over and over. Wait for the decline to start forever (going short early and losing money) then taking profits WAY TOO early and bottom picking. The only saving grace is that professionals like you guys seem to make the same mistake too. So its clearly one of the hardest things to do in this world, but still...its perverse. Perverse.
“be right and sit tight”