S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

>>Fed is about to cut 0.5% (check IRX)- how about that news?<<

scroll down on this link
greenie call
we have had our differences in the past, i apologize, this was simply an awesome call,
good work
*previously known as pnfwave

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

HAH! I saw the same thing yesterday, but never thought that they would be doing it. I commented about the steeper yield curve yesterday all of a sudden. Now we know!

#3 swingtrader

swingtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

what is IRX? Thanks. ST

#4 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

Thanks. Good to know that we have a chance to be on the same side during the Kaliphonia civil war after the crash :D

IYB was also expecting a cut. He is in the mortgage industry. Maybe he was praying for it too.

Now, more seriously, when I look at the 1 month rate at the US treasuries,

http://www.ustreas.g...ate/yield.shtml

the rate yesterday was >1.5% below the beginning of the month or what we had for last 1 year. 1 month rate is almost the same as the treasury rate. Does the market expect another three morning surprises?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#5 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

Thanks. Good to know that we have a chance to be on the same side during the Kaliphonia civil war after the crash :D

IYB was also expecting a cut. He is in the mortgage industry. Maybe he was praying for it too.

Now, more seriously, when I look at the 1 month rate at the US treasuries,

http://www.ustreas.g...ate/yield.shtml

the rate yesterday was >1.5% below the beginning of the month or what we had for last 1 year. 1 month rate is almost the same as the treasury rate. Does the market expect another three morning surprises?

Incredible call Greenie! You nailed it. My comments have been far less specific in terms of timing than yours. My point has been and remains that we give the Fed far too much credit-as if they are the puppetmasters of our economy, when, in reality, the opposite is true. The boys at the Fed are the puppets. What they do is mandated by the economic cycle and the markets. In the end, in spite of all their huffing and puffing, they have absolutely no choice. Btw, I hope people realize that when the Fed starts cutting is absolutely NOT a time to get all bulled up in the big picture of things, but that's another story for another day.... ;)

"The inevitable march towards lower rates continues...."
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds