THE MARGIN CALL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

All the calls are coming in and people got to settle. This market not going anywhere for now. Sorry to break the bad news to the boolz. Only from this pm does this market have any chance to get up off the floor, but still unlikely today given the options. chjeers.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

hold on to your hat ....secondary boosters are about to ignite....11am est
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

only once the people who were bleeding have been bled to the point that they cant bleed any more or have been closed out will this market go BALLISTIC. Until then............no move. Midday is my take. Market has tested back down, so far so good.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#4 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

I know anything is possible. I know that the market can and will surprise. I know that we have been in an extremely bullish mode that suddenly imploded and for what appears to be good reason. I also know that the unexpected often becomes reality.....especially when it makes the least sense. This may mean nothing but, more often than not, it does. I just checked open interest on QQQ puts and call that expire in September. I tallied the open interest from QQQ 38 to QQQ 53. There are 757,889 open calls in those sixteen strikes....approximately 7 points from where we are trading now. The open interest on puts? A rather staggering 1,862,074 contracts. Tighten it up by two strikes from 40-51 and the numbers are just as imbalanced. Open calls from 40-51 strikes are 648,510 and open puts from 40-51 strikes are 1,814,113. Maybe its the correct time to get all lathered up with bear soap. Maybe its not.