da scorch into the close today

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

and a VST reversal to the downside on monday :P test of all time highs / new highs possible in the next month or so

Edited by A-ha, 17 August 2007 - 01:20 PM.

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

and a VST reversal to the downside on monday :P

test of all time highs / new highs possible in the next month or so

That coming from the prophet of doom. What happened to the bear market ? :lol: Just kidding.

Anyway, good to see you trading both sides of the market again.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

That coming from the prophet of doom. What happened to the bear market ? :lol: Just kidding.

who said we are not in one?

#4 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

yo xd,

nice trading so far you been on fire recently. Its interesting that you are projecting a vst reversal on Monday, i was just looking through some old charts and noticed that last summer, we were getting out of the correction and the same thing happened.

During the creating of the double bottom there was a big reversal day then the next day was a huge white candle. That day was a fed meeting, next 2 days sold off - and market never looked back. If we close at HOD today and sell off monday/tuesday it will be practically identical to August '06. The only notable difference is that we have a V bottom here instead of a more comforting double bottom.

That being said..you selling into the close today?
“be right and sit tight”

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

That's new concept to me. That we could make new highs and yet remain in a bear market :blink:

Ok, then seriously, what is a bear market ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

That being said..you selling into the close today?

i am gonna be pyramiding up like never before... any little pull back...

yesterday was a washout and you gonna see %90 of the people here picking top all the way to the highs :lol:

been there done it many many times

That's new concept to me. That we could make new highs and yet remain in a bear market :blink:

Ok, then seriously, what is a bear market ?

Feb / march of 2000, it was already a bear market to me but that didnt mean a plunge into the oblivion, we had massive rallies, mostly V shape... overall congestion action before the big trend develops

BTW remember those broken McSums? they gonna turn up test the broken lines while SPX testing all time highs... then bigger plunge to new lows probably...

vixooo goin to 60

Edited by A-ha, 17 August 2007 - 01:43 PM.

#7 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

There is a certain allure to picking a top, even more so than picking a bottom. Primarily I believe because sell-offs happen faster and people are attracted to a potentially bigger profit. But someone here quoted something very profound. "More money has been lost on picking tops than all the money ever made while following a trend". Something to that effect. I have lost a fortune, literally, picking that bloody top. Scraping myself off the pavement is not pleasant...I will most certainly not that make mistake again. Although i will probably be tempted to many times as there are many potential points for resistance/reversal in the next weeks/month(s). This is all assuming that we have seen a major bottom...which I believe we have.
“be right and sit tight”

#8 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

There is a certain allure to picking a top, even more so than picking a bottom. Primarily I believe because sell-offs happen faster and people are attracted to a potentially bigger profit. But someone here quoted something very profound.

"More money has been lost on picking tops than all the money ever made while following a trend". Something to that effect.

I have lost a fortune, literally, picking that bloody top. Scraping myself off the pavement is not pleasant...I will most certainly not that make mistake again. Although i will probably be tempted to many times as there are many potential points for resistance/reversal in the next weeks/month(s).

This is all assuming that we have seen a major bottom...which I believe we have.

this ride gonna be bumpy, bary bary bumpy you better have some ST system to use along with your buying and selling over the longer trend.

vix not going down and its gonna confused the ******** out of people

#9 swingtrader

swingtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

XD, If you are expecting the re-test of the lows, why are you pyramiding up? At what level you expect we would start the re-test. In another words, when will you get out of your longs. Thanks. ST

#10 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

XD,

If you are expecting the re-test of the lows, why are you pyramiding up? At what level you expect we would start the re-test. In another words, when will you get out of your longs.

Thanks.

ST

edited:

I am not expecting the test of lows in the next few weeks but it is possible.

I think this will be straight up as it should be in a large congestion range

yesterday some high end junk bond funds were up as much as 10% after the reversal

write this down somewhere: yesterday was a washout

Edited by A-ha, 17 August 2007 - 02:06 PM.