• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$VXO&p=W&st=1993-08-18&i=p97218119567&a=30102190&r=5185.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=8&mn=6&dy=0&i=p76377951514&a=78670243&r=4.png

#2 emdee

emdee

• TT Member+
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Hi Tea, Great stuff as usual. One of your annotations states that you feel that we could see a lower low on the SnP almost immediately. As I mentioned in another post, the 1454-1461 area is significant in regards to s/r, 200 sma, Feb top (unorthodox H&S?). SnP is currently only about 1% below that level. Maybe we see a test of that area very early next week and head back down as you suggest to a lower low. Ideally, a lower low with positive divergences would be quite a set up to load the boat. At any rate, I am currently viewing the 1454-1461 area as a "band in the sand". Fwiw...Mike

#3 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

just imagine the panic a new low would create seems like a perfect setup to do the unthinkable and go to new highs

#4 underabigw

underabigw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

Teaparty, I really admire your work and always look forward to your posts. I was wondering, since you think we could make another low, if you know what the volume ratio was for similar time periods in the past regarding any 9 to 1 up or down days? I noticed lately that we have had a few 9 to 1 volume down days but the one that bothers me (I'm in bear mkt mutual funds) is the 9 to 1 up volume day on Friday, as well as the high equity put call ratio and the low index put call ratio. Some of the worst mistakes I have ever made in the market was to not go long after 9 to 1 up days. What gives me pause is that the SPX/VIX ratio indicated to me that there was a major break down in the market when all of this started. This was further evidenced by the break down in the Summation Index and the $SPXA50. All three of these broke down with significant negative divergences from the market when it went to new highs. Is this type of market different with the high, and probably going higher vix and with the other circumstances I mentioned above. Or, does the Friday 9 to 1 up volume day trump everything else making it almost a cinch that we are going to rally much higher over the intermediate term? Thanks again for all your great work and I wish you continued good trading.

#5 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

Underabigw....I don't follow volume at all.....I'm the worst to ask...but as far as spx:vix..it just may be bottoming in an interesting spot...a weekly close below that breakout point won't be healthy though..

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=W&yr=7&mn=6&dy=0&i=p77296892999&a=57601821&r=5901.png

#6 underabigw

underabigw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

Teaparty,

Thanks for getting back to me and updating me on the VIX issue.

Please keep up the excellent work.

Underabigw....I don't follow volume at all.....I'm the worst to ask...but as far as spx:vix..it just may be bottoming in an interesting spot...a weekly close below that breakout point won't be healthy though..

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=W&yr=7&mn=6&dy=0&i=p77296892999&a=57601821&r=5901.png

#7 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

:)
Well Mr. B, we have a slight different outlook on this subject. Since you taught me all I know :D I hate to bring up a different thought, but I will, just to get the info flowing. :blush:
Go here:

SWING WAVES

Your charts are great and a real contribution to this board, thanks.
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#8 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

MSS...great stuff....but I don't see where we are differing.

#9 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

MSS.....I don't see where we are differing.

:D ....we are not, I just like to jerk your chain once in awhile, :blink: to make sure you read my stuff. :P

:lol: :cat:

besides you understand the 514tv chart B)

Edited by mss, 18 August 2007 - 08:37 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!