#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

If anyone is interested/bored:

http://www.tarpley.net/29crash.htm
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

According to Martin Armstrong we can't have a great depression now because the dollar is not pegged to gold anymore as it was back in the 30's. Hyperinflation is the great danger now according to him and that can get very ugly.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:56 AM

Bernanke is particularly interested in the economic and political causes of the Great Depression, on which he has written extensively. On Milton Friedman's ninetieth birthday, Nov. 8, 2002, he stated: "Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again." Suuuuuuuurre!!! I'm reminded of the great Sledge Hammer - "Trust me! I know what I'm doing!" The Federal Reserve collapsed the money supply three times in a row for the Depression, that is how they did it. As to inflation, it is an increase in the money supply. The more money the Fed creates out of thin air, the more interest they collect, sounds like a conflict of, er, interest. Which they then likely transfer to something of actual value. Like trillions in gold. Try and push for an audit of Fort Knoxx BTW, see how far that gets. Watch the DVD of the Money Masters, yes gold is not a good backing of currency because it is easy enough to control, silver would be better in this respect. BTW, who owns the Federal Reserve these days, that is a hard question. No, its not us, not the government, who are the top private shareholders these days?

#4 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:08 AM

Here is a Google video of the Money Masters:

The Money Masters

#5 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:39 AM

thanks gm. Its really interesting. On a side note, I hate it how a culture uses fear to control people. this food on the table stuff. Its no way to live a life. I went to canada and couldnt believe how this message had infiltrated culture. I guess fear drives capitalism, and controls people into the system. In europe the culture is very different, and ironically in developing europe, such as serbia or croatia, fear doesnt even factor in. Those countries are soooooo rich and free its amazing.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.