For Uranium Players/Watchers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:07 AM

Uranium dropped to near $70. I've linked the bloomberg article below. There are several factors for the drop but the gov't sale is the biggest one and it is behind us now. I'm trying to get the NAV of U.to but I believe it's selling below NAV now.

I've been nibbling on U.to and SXR.to (now UUU.to) the past couple of days. UUU is an emerging bluechip that will be on par with CCJ by 2012. I'm watching weekly charts for a double bottom. over the coming few months. Uranium is a tough call here as the price is bringing along new production. However, the supply/demand picture is still way out of wack over the LT from what I can tell. It will take lots of new production over the coming years to adjust it.

I'm cautious but looking at weekly charts and buying the 'prettiest' ones when a nice entry comes along. Right now it's just U.to and UUU.to.

Bloomberg News Link

#2 mike123

mike123

• Traders-Talk User
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Uranium dropped to near $70. I've linked the bloomberg article below. There are several factors for the drop but the gov't sale is the biggest one and it is behind us now. I'm trying to get the NAV of U.to but I believe it's selling below NAV now.

I've been nibbling on U.to and SXR.to (now UUU.to) the past couple of days. UUU is an emerging bluechip that will be on par with CCJ by 2012. I'm watching weekly charts for a double bottom. over the coming few months. Uranium is a tough call here as the price is bringing along new production. However, the supply/demand picture is still way out of wack over the LT from what I can tell. It will take lots of new production over the coming years to adjust it.

I'm cautious but looking at weekly charts and buying the 'prettiest' ones when a nice entry comes along. Right now it's just U.to and UUU.to.

Bloomberg News Link

I read somewhere that a majority of Uranium production has been bought by funds, not utilities. Uranium is the biggest bubble in metals.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Mike, There is a truth to your statement. However, if you look at the longer term profile for supply and demand (past several decades and next decade) it is far, far from a bubble. The industry has to bring on mammoth production ASAP. I would agree that there was a ST bubble for good reason. The price has now retraced substantially. This is after never having a down weekly close in years. I don't think we've heard the last from the uranium story but it's just my opinion...for now.

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

I just calculated the NAV of U.to based on $70 uranium spot after the auction and IMO it sells at a premium...still. There may be further to go here but who knows. I sold some U.to and UUU.to but retained a little to keep me interested. I'm watchin' closely.

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

NLR Recently released Market Vectors ETF for nuclear energy.
Best to you
Peace
johngeorge