Humor me

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

Any EWave post for ST or IT market direction is worthless IMO. I've seen Ewave stuff through the years and have yet to be impressed. I can see some real fruit in basic EWave stuff over LT and with the most basic moves like ABC corrective phases. However, I must admit I find humor when I see EWaver attempting to determine ST market direction based on some wave count. It seems EWavers change their count according to bias and market fluctuations. I've yet to see any usefull correlation or trading merit to the EWave methodology over shorter and intermediate time horizons.

#22 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Actually, the most bullish thing that could happen on today's light volume would be a test of those lows. That high volume low is like a magnet... Volume attracts price.

I feel the same way about volume, however, most TA types sneer at that and consider volume of secondary importance to price.

#23 norton

norton

• TT Member
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

Any EWave post for ST or IT market direction is worthless IMO. I've seen Ewave stuff through the years and have yet to be impressed. I can see some real fruit in basic EWave stuff over LT and with the most basic moves like ABC corrective phases. However, I must admit I find humor when I see EWaver attempting to determine ST market direction based on some wave count. It seems EWavers change their count according to bias and market fluctuations. I've yet to see any usefull correlation or trading merit to the EWave methodology over shorter and intermediate time horizons.

----------------------------

Long live Alternate Counts! They keep the illusion alive that the theory is valid.
Please, help stamp out vibration.

#24 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

A-B-C down was completed last week. That's a larger degree A. Next up: SPX 1500+ for the larger B. Then, the set up is in place for the retest of the lows -- in late Sep? I love seeing e-wave dismissed. The fewer who use it, the better.

#25 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

I have heard the same said about every other TA methodology at some or other point in time. But e-wave always takes the brunt of the beating. Let me know when you find a methodology which can predict the direction with 100% accuracy, if you ever find it.

Edited by NAV, 20 August 2007 - 03:11 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV