that one more down you all waiting

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

Certainly those ******** holes produced more manure than entire manure consumption of the wall street but it is also certain that either lehman or merill where most of you started with didnt even get closer to a system with a 5 minute predictive skill. I wouldnt expect anyone from those places to understand what a system really means.

I will be watching o great omnipotent soothsayer!!!

How can i understand your system if i dont know what your methodology is?

Perhaps you have a great system its just your "used car salesman" marketing that needs fine tuning!

Edited by iron cross, 20 August 2007 - 07:20 PM.

#12 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Kisa-A question, if you will. If there is adequate liquidity, but still a lack of buyers-what will the Fed do next to artificially pump the markets?

#13 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Oh, no, I think even the lehman or the merill's models are quite intelligent for the long-runs. Problem is the short-run anomaly that no models -- including Simons -- can capture except one designed by God himself. Leverage, of cousre, just made the anomaly worse. But the funny thing is that you would think Wall Street had learned a simple lesson of mixing leverage with chaos from LTCM's blowup. Apparently they had not. Yeah, we can v-bottom and go to new high. We can always count on Wall Street's stupidity.

Edited by SandStorm, 20 August 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#14 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

Hey at least he has made his fearless forecast. Saying more upside or chop as opposed to a crash. So thats two out of three bases covered. I tend to think we are putting in a significant bottom. I'm not good enough to say if we have to go a little deeper or not.

Edited by Sentient Being, 20 August 2007 - 08:09 PM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#15 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

We have taken a 150 point hit on the spx. Considering all the noise, it is but a flesh wound.

#16 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

"In journalism it is simpler to sound off than it is to find out. It is more elegant to pontificate than it is to sweat."

Harold Evans

I find this applies to trading as well. No wonder finding out how to really make
money was such an uphill battle. Too many people claiming they are in the know.

D
I don't make predictions, I just react.

#17 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

Kisa-A question, if you will. If there is adequate liquidity, but still a lack of buyers-what will the Fed do next to artificially pump the markets?

Lower the rates or other means of creating inflation (permanent repos), thereby depreciating the currency and forcing the people sitting on the sidelines into the asset classes other than cash...

There is really no other way than a fundamental improvement in the earnings...