We ain't done going up yet

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

A little bit of downside for a few days will get the bear appetite going. But it probably won't bottom (and a shallow bottom it will be) til monday, before the next leg takes us up around Dow 13,400-13,500. Then we look at sentiment and see if its A-OK.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 89S10

89S10

• TT Member+
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

How many S&P 500 points down might the shallow bottom be?

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Hard to say.. On the dow I expect it to hit Dow 13,300 tomorrow, then give back about 200 dow points, before spurting back to 13,500.

That's what I see right now, and sentiment seems to be confirming it.

My guess is that NDX will initially be weaker in this short term downside than the Dow or S&P.

#4 lmd99

lmd99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

How about a gap up tomorrow to S@P 1475. Creates a 3 gap play all the way back to last Thursdays close at 1412. Not exactly shallow though..

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

We aren't done thats for sure. Look how many people are trapped upside down and still keep shorting and hoping.

#6 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

How about a gap up tomorrow to S@P 1475. Creates a 3 gap play all the way back to last Thursdays close at 1412. Not exactly shallow though..

Sentiment supports all the bulls buying with both fists at every dip. I think they just about ran out of money today, so smart ones who bought at the bottom will cash out and drive prices down. Then, if I'm proven right, the dumb ones will start buying next week going into labor day.

If all things plan out, the week after labor day is going to get fugly as hell. But I can't call that until I see the data that confirms it.

It will jump up so much on friday that only bears with balls the size of basketballs will short it.

I think we will make a lower closing low, perhaps a lower overall low, before this correction is over, but again, things must confirm and so far they are. One week to go and I will update my reading of data.

#7 89S10

89S10

• TT Member+
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hard to say.. On the dow I expect it to hit Dow 13,300 tomorrow, then give back about 200 dow points, before spurting back to 13,500.

That's what I see right now, and sentiment seems to be confirming it.

My guess is that NDX will initially be weaker in this short term downside than the Dow or S&P.

Dow down to 13100, would about fill Wednesday's gap.

#8 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

We aren't done thats for sure.

Look how many people are trapped upside down and still keep shorting and hoping.

100% long and absolutely certain the market is going up, huh?

How's this sound... I'll rent your crystal ball and pay you $500 a day. :lol:

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:38 AM

ST (1 week) I am bullish IT (1 month) I am neutral Longer than 1 month I am very bearish. My trading account is long. My Buy and hold account is flat in Treasuries.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Let the guessing games begin....oh wait...it's always been like this. Most traders just guess. So I'm looking for a ST system to trade the SP. I've been trading the IT, and want to diversify with another timeframe. Anyone have some PROVEN system ideas? I'm a 100% mechanical trader. Maybe I'm asking the wrong board. D
I don't make predictions, I just react.