• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

Another example of zero intelligence tolerance.

MESA, Arizona — Officials at an Arizona school suspended a 13-year-old boy for sketching what looked like a gun, saying the action posed a threat to his classmates.

delete_this.jpg

The boy's parents said the drawing was a harmless doodle and school officials overreacted.

"The school made him feel like he committed a crime. They are doing more damage than good," said the boy's mother, Paula Mosteller.

The drawing did not show blood, bullets, injuries or target any human, the parents said. And the East Valley Tribune reported that the boy said he did not intend for the picture to be a threat.

Administrators of Payne Junior High in nearby Chandler suspended the boy on Monday for five days but later reduced it to three days.

The boy's father, Ben Mosteller, said that when he went to the school to discuss his son's punishment, school officials mentioned the seriousness of the issue and talked about the 1999 massacre at Colorado's Columbine High School, where two teenagers shot and killed 12 students, a teacher and themselves. Mosteller said he was offended by the reference.

Chandler district spokesman Terry Locke said the crude sketch was "absolutely considered a threat," and that threatening words or pictures are punishable.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

To my knowledge, no one has ever been shot with a drawing. Those folks are too stupid to be teaching children.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

News Headline:

"Hundreds of Thousands of Children Suspended From Schools Across The Country"

delete_this.gif

#4 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

lol
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#5 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

Yikes...I think it is a crime...yeah I mean that's terrible..that 13year olds drawing looks nothing like a gun! :rolleyes: ....these 'educationalists' need to focus their efforts on improving this childs hand-eye coordination and visualization skills and perhaps focus less on inventing imaginary threats....I guess next they'll be banning the word 'gun'...er, well, better not suggest that to the Orwellian thought police PC crowd. Oh and love the hangman gag.... :lol: Mark

Edited by entropy, 23 August 2007 - 05:14 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#6 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

Instead of suspending the poor kid, they should get him a better teacher... someone who can help him learn to actually draw a gun.
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#7 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

If you rotate that picture once to the left by 90 degrees. It's very clearly a building with a stick figure guy that fell out of it. :P I think we should send the teachers to art school See what happens when you cut the budget for the arts in public education? The teachers dummy down.

Edited by Sentient Being, 23 August 2007 - 06:04 PM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image
Pat, I would like to buy a vowel... "O" = MORON

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 August 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#9 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

England is a country where the gun laws are so restrictive that the Olympic shooting team has to train overseas. The gun laws do not work, of course. Cheap guns and more crime is the result of this foolishness. The proposed solution: even more laws.

Liverpool and Manchester are the cities where illegal guns are most readily available, with criminals claiming that some weapons are being smuggled from Ireland. Sawn-off shotguns are now being sold for as little as £50, and handguns for £150.

Despite a ban on handguns introduced in 1997 after 16 children and their teacher were shot dead in the Dunblane massacre the previous year, their use in crimes has almost doubled to reach 4,671 in 2005-06. Official figures show that although Britain has some of the toughest anti-gun laws in the world, firearm use in crime has risen steadily…

http://www.dinocrat....ats-the-ticket/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#10 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image
Pat, I would like to buy a vowel... "O" = MORON

You win!!!!