Sen. Dodd 1-800-HOPE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

Senator Dodd has this 1-800 number for homeowners who need help to call. "It's extremely important" to keep people in their homes, he said. But can someone pls explain to me it is important to WHOM?? First, the speculators did them in by driving up home prices to ridiculous bubble levels. Then the bankers got them into such bad deal loans they couldn't possibly repay. It would seem logical to me for these folks to just drop the home and go on rental. This is the only way for them to possibly have a life since monthly rental cost A LOT LESS than a home they bought at record PEAKS and with MARGIN. Can you imagine buying tech stocks at March 2000 with 10x leverage? YOU WILL BE DOOMED for the rest of your life bending backwards and paying it all back, even if they do away with all the interests. Hope or life imprisonment you decide.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

Whatever happened to BUYER BE AWARE? Or is Big Brother going to cover your mortage payments while listening to your phone and reading e-mails?
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

Isn't he running for President?