eclipses and crashes: why this wobble is of great concern

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

many times in the history of markets steep market plunges and crashes have been bookcased by moon highs which occurred before eclipse pairs. the pattern i like best is when a high occurs within six weeks of an eclipse and when the eclipse pair is near, or in, the dangerous september/october time frame. i have written here that this coming lunar eclipse might be the spike low to the first move down in a vicious bear market. i have also said that i did not believe we would have a crash, in the accepted sense. but, there is another case, a worse case, a possible crash case, which i must now consider. i ask you to mull this over concerning eclipses and the 8 greatest crashes in history. this is the pattern that was found: * the SECONDARY HIGH was within six trading days before, to three trading days after, a full moon which was usually a lunar eclipse (8/28!). * that full moon, usually a lunar eclipse, occurs within six weeks of a solar eclipse, sometimes one moon cycle away (there is a solar eclipse on 9/11 !). the eclipse pair case applies when the wobble, secondary high, occurs at a lunar eclipse. this is what we may have now, if the pattern continues to unfold. . * the crashes are near the spring or fall equinoxes (this also fits). * it may be an enhancer that the spx topped on that july new moon. conclusion: if i am wrong about a crash, we will enter the plunge window very, very soon.

Edited by humble1, 24 August 2007 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

CRASH CRASH..... up
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#3 wallyw

wallyw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

many times in the history of markets steep market plunges and crashes have been bookcased by moon highs which occurred before eclipse pairs. the pattern i like best is when a high occurs within six weeks of an eclipse and when the eclipse pair is near, or in, the dangerous september/october time frame. i have written here that this coming lunar eclipse might be the spike low to the first move down in a vicious bear market. i have also said that i did not believe we would have a crash, in the accepted sense.

but, there is another case, a worse case, a possible crash case, which i must now consider. i ask you to mull this over concerning eclipses and the 8 greatest crashes in history. this is the pattern that was found:

* the SECONDARY HIGH was within six trading days before, to three trading days after, a full moon which was usually a lunar eclipse (8/28!).

* that full moon, usually a lunar eclipse, occurs within six weeks of a solar eclipse, sometimes one moon cycle away (there is a solar eclipse on 9/11 !). the eclipse pair case applies when the wobble, secondary high, occurs at a lunar eclipse. this is what we may have now, if the pattern continues to unfold.
* the crashes are near the spring or fall equinoxes (this also fits).

* it may be an enhancer that the spx topped on that july new moon.

conclusion: if i am wrong about a crash, we will enter the plunge window very, very soon.

have you back tested this? what were the results?

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Fascinating post.

Sun-moon alignments make for earthquakes also. Notice Peru earthquake .

"Mentioned core-mantle displacements will generate asymmetrical deformations of
the Earth mantle. The southern hemisphere of the Earth will be extended and opposite hemisphere
will be contracted.

“Maximum contraction within
the northern hemisphere and maximum extension within the southern hemisphere occurs during
northern hemisphere winter (Feb-March). The opposite deformations occur during southern
hemisphere winter (Aug-Sep)”. This phenomenon correlates with annual inversion of gravity."

http://www.euref-iag...7-03-Barkin.pdf
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#5 Stickan

Stickan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

Past lunar eclipses since 2003 i s showned below (white bars)
I cant see prices going down for a long while after ab eclipse.

Posted Image

No one asked, but this was the planetary situation on August 15

the bottom

Posted Image

And Aug 1987 (the top)

Posted Image

Interesting right........?

#6 underabigw

underabigw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

Stickan,

Thanks for the post. I'm out of my element here but it looks like the white eclipse bar
could actually move up for this eclipse to wherever the market is on that date (if the market
were to move up from here).

It looks like this time could be like 2004 where the stock market bottom came in before
the eclipse?

On you planetary alignment graphics. I assume the read would be that currently
there is no correlation to the 87 crash?

Thanks again for the post.

BW

Past lunar eclipses since 2003 i s showned below (white bars)
I cant see prices going down for a long while after ab eclipse.

Posted Image

No one asked, but this was the planetary situation on August 15

the bottom

Posted Image

And Aug 1987 (the top)

Posted Image

Interesting right........?

#7 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

nice charts ! as to my post, please read all the requirements carefully: we are not talking about just any eclipse, we are talking of those, in the context of a market pattern, at certain times of the year and against certain psychological backgrounds. no offense intended, but i must say this is why i usually hesitate to post these types of things. this is not an astro-post, per se, as i don't consider the moon a planet. anyway, you can see how this can go on and on once it gets off track. so, i think i'll just drop it all here and say ... good trading ! :) p.s. it is interesting how many sharp corrections started with a july high. the south seas bubble - the greatest crash in history according to some - started in july. another, of many examples, is the 1998 plunge, which certainly cleaned a few out. oops ! there i go again. NO MAS !

Edited by humble1, 24 August 2007 - 09:52 PM.

#8 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:50 AM

interesting post! I have indications of a crash in september, something could start around sep 10-12, maybe we top there still waiting - everything seems unlikely the way the mood shifts

#9 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

i refer readers to rogerdodger's "which chart is 1987 post?" which he recently posted.