Mar 2007 bottom was another TOTAL ECLIPSE LUNAR

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

We had a turn day in Mar 2007 bottom, markets are trading at resistances; and trading to upside above the resistances will change bull/bear biases...

Short coverings with existing high short positions.

$NIKK and $KOSPI are trading up.

Nikkei 225 16,332.06 10:30PM ET Up 30.67 (0.19%)

Seoul Composite 1,827.8 11:22PM ET Up 24.77 (1.37%)

Tuesday's event will be the second in three years - Most Americans didn't get a chance to see the year's first total lunar eclipse back in March - but we're in a much better position for the year’s second lunar eclipse, taking place in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

http://www.stockchar...09398&r=568.png
http://www.stockchar...77535&r=859.png
http://www.stockchar...31079&r=210.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=60&yr=0&mn=2&dy=17&i=p98670794592&a=79285156&r=938.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=9&dy=0&i=p22232131775&a=76929034&r=724.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=W&yr=4&mn=8&dy=0&i=p49229126946&a=78987374&r=825.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$INDU&p=D&yr=0&mn=10&dy=0&i=p31631774778&a=76966992&r=329.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$INDU&p=W&yr=4&mn=7&dy=0&i=p06542340040&a=76929550&r=152.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$COMPQ&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=0&i=p21609042622&a=76909044&r=764.png
http://www.stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$COMPQ&p=W&yr=4&mn=6&dy=0&i=p22094758617&a=77295648&r=443.png
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#2 rightside

rightside

• Traders-Talk User
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

We had a turn day in Mar 2007 bottom, markets are trading at resistances; and trading to upside above the resistances will change bull/bear biases...

Tuesday's event will be the second in three years - Most Americans didn't get a chance to see the year's first total lunar eclipse back in March - but we're in a much better position for the year’s second lunar eclipse, taking place in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

I admire you optimism....However I am cautious at this point due to my program models telling me otherwise. Thank you for your posts!

Best,
RS

#3 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

I admire you optimism....However I am cautious at this point due to my program models telling me otherwise. Thank you for your posts!

Best,
RS

On the contrary, I am not optimistic, but because of high short level, market trading above the resistance will trigger massive short covering.

It is just LOADED with shorts.....

#4 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:03 PM

This is THE INTERESTING Headline that we happened to have Mar 2007 bottom when the earlier TOTAL ECLIPSE TURN DATE...

Now, we are loaded with Massive Shorts which COULD BE the Fuel which can push markets to higher when the resistances are broken above.

#5 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:03 PM

Tuesday's event will be the second in three years - Most Americans didn't get a chance to see the year's first total lunar eclipse back in March - but we're in a much better position for the year's second lunar eclipse, taking place in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

Best,
RS

On the contrary, I am not optimistic, but because of high short level, market trading above the resistance will trigger massive short covering.

I've never seen any real statistical proof that says full moons or planet alignments mean anything at all, but the climactic volume is right on. My main trading system is still fully long from June 2006. No sign of a sell whatsoever...but when it comes I'll be cashing in.

By the way, does anyone have any statistical evidence that full moons or planets have anything to do with the market. I've heard it all...get me a tin foil hat for the cosmic rays!

;-)

D
I don't make predictions, I just react.

#6 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

Tuesday's event will be the second in three years - Most Americans didn't get a chance to see the year's first total lunar eclipse back in March - but we're in a much better position for the year's second lunar eclipse, taking place in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

Best,
RS

I've never seen any real statistical proof that says full moons or planet alignments mean anything at all, but the climactic volume is right on. My main trading system is still fully long from June 2006. No sign of a sell whatsoever...but when it comes I'll be cashing in.

By the way, does anyone have any statistical evidence that full moons or planets have anything to do with the market. I've heard it all...get me a tin foil hat for the cosmic rays!

;-)

D

I am not familiar with Astro trading, but I sense that this is a major turn with extremely negative sentiment with extremely high shorts.

What we know is the Markets are fully loaded with massive shorts at major resistance.

This is setting up for a massive short covering scenario.

Massive shorts are too sure of market top which is just taking high risk like big ball pushed down under water which will just pop up.

Maybe Woody knows since he informed me of 8/28 Lunar Turn date?

Good luck

#7 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:27 PM

I'm confused, because in your chart, you have the EW advance to date as wave 1... which would imply wave 2 down to start sometime soon. In EW methodology, you would expect massive shorting at the end of wave 2, not at the top of wave 1. It could be a flat wave 2, but nevertheless, you wouldn't be expecting a scorch from wave 1, unless for some reason wave 1 was extending or its a powerful wave 1. But generally, wave 1s are pushed down by disbelievers and at the end of wave 2 is a heavy short position. Good luck.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#8 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

I'm confused, because in your chart, you have the EW advance to date as wave 1... which would imply wave 2 down to start sometime soon.

In EW methodology, you would expect massive shorting at the end of wave 2, not at the top of wave 1.

It could be a flat wave 2, but nevertheless, you wouldn't be expecting a scorch from wave 1, unless for some reason wave 1 was extending or its a powerful wave 1.

But generally, wave 1s are pushed down by disbelievers and at the end of wave 2 is a heavy short position.

Good luck.

This is the same case as the extremely selling - high short position going into 8/16 climactic reversal.

Because of the extremely negative sentiment, the reaction to the 7/19-8/16 correction was strong, i.e. I noted Wave 1 which is 1 of 5 up.

Market sentiment is too sure of ST/LT top, many are loaded with short positions which make us to think that the market top is formed with the crowd high confidence in LT top - starting of bear market.

This is unprecedent.

When the high shorts are used as "fuel" to break to upside, we know that it is "Powerful Wave 1" which is induced by high shorts.

#9 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:13 AM

While I commented potential upside market actions to SPX 1550 since 8/16/07 climactic reversal as shown on my charts, it is necessary to be cautious as we have highly negative market sentiment with high short level as media is further hyping potential “Financial Market Crisis” to promote “excessive market fear”. Note that I posted “Warning: Extremely Negative Market Sentiment” with “High Level of Shorts” expecting major market decline. This could be a contrarian indicator if markets trade above major resistances, e.g. 50dma, as it will force shorts to cover, however, the price action does not show it yet. Nevertheless, we could see markets will trade much lower. Therefore, market participants with Long position need to position accordingly based on risk level. Aug 28 10:00 AM Consumer Confidence Aug - 104.0 104.5 112.6 Aug 28 2:00 PM FOMC Minutes Aug 7

#10 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

Best,
RS

;-)

D

Danzman: A guy named Bill Meridian apparently did some substantial studies on moon cycles and the stock market...with the studies validated by some university. I haven't been to his site in some time but I'm sure he has some reference to the study...Best MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence