I am a dumb e-waver

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

Please educate me. The whole planet is seeing this wave 3 of 3 unfolding here. 61% decliners vs 35% advancers. Ooooooh....strong breadth. DOW up 1 point. It's gotta be a wave 3 :lol: Everyday is a wave 3 up or wave 3 down, depending on who you talk with. Isn't the market supposed to display the best of the breadth during a wave 3 advance ?. Aren't wave B or wave X supposed to rally with questionable breadth ?. Or is it too old fashioned to think that way ? Oh well, no wonder e-wave is the most disrespected among all TA techniques.

Edited by NAV, 30 August 2007 - 10:29 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

Please educate me. The whole planet is seeing this wave 3 of 3 unfolding here. 61% decliners vs 35% advancers. Ooooooh....strong breadth. DOW up 1 point. It's gotta be a wave 3 :lol:

Everyday is a wave 3 up or wave 3 down, depending on who you talk with. Isn't the market supposed to display the best of the breadth during a wave 3 advance ?. Aren't wave B or wave X supposed to rally with questionable breadth ?. Or is it too old fashioned to think that way ? Oh well, no wonder e-wave is the most disrespected among all TA techniques.

The only TA you need is price, price is King. Always has, always will be.

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Please educate me. The whole planet is seeing this wave 3 of 3 unfolding here. 61% decliners vs 35% advancers. Ooooooh....strong breadth. DOW up 1 point. It's gotta be a wave 3 :lol:

Everyday is a wave 3 up or wave 3 down, depending on who you talk with. Isn't the market supposed to display the best of the breadth during a wave 3 advance ?. Aren't wave B or wave X supposed to rally with questionable breadth ?. Or is it too old fashioned to think that way ? Oh well, no wonder e-wave is the most disrespected among all TA techniques.

I know nothing about e-waves. Never used them, and probably never will.

But.... Breadth already turned positive.

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

The only TA you need is price, price is King. Always has, always will be.

I won't argue with you on that. But that was not my point. :)

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

According to the Seasonality calendar for August 30 to 7th of Sept. are supposed to be positive With this Thursday and Friday the strongest up days. Again, this is all holiday stuff. Real fund won't be until later next week. With voliatility that is.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#6 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

referring to WAVE 3 of 5

http://investorshub....age_id=22488501
Someone mentioned that he can't believe that the 8/16-8/24 was "Wave 1" because it is too strong.

So far, if "Wave 1" is strong, we haven't seen anything yet on "Wave 3" since it is the strongest one.

So, traders with disbelief will have to chase hard when this ball goes out far.... over the ball park fences.

Think that these moves are because extremely negative sentiment with high short level; however, as noted before the subprime crisis drama has foreseen since the housing market topped. So the news saturating drum beat is often contrarian indicator.

This ball might go.... over the fence, farther than we think. So far, it is heading that way....

We know 100% sure with hindsight, though... will see.
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#7 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

I know nothing about e-waves. Never used them, and probably never will.

But.... Breadth already turned positive.

I believe these are a-b-c counter trend waves, not impulsive and in my view after completion (Friday) ultimately very bearish. Should be completing a wave B here and wave "y" of that wave.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#8 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Remember Nav, Market likes to go up on Vapor at times. :P but when the gas is used up be quick :wacko:
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#9 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

I didn't say its wave 3 down.. yet. I said we're in wave 2 up til friday/tuesday time frame. There's two EW people that share there work for free that I've earned my respect.. Tony Caldero of objective elliott wave for IT wave counts, and Tea for shorter term wave counts. Both are excellent. Both are bullish LT, though Tony is still bearish IT, and thinks we'll need to hit SPX 1364. I'm just a parrot here, my thing says watch RSI2 because its getting closer to sell territory again.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#10 skunk

skunk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

Trading is more of an art than a science and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I look at E-Wave as an art that unfolds in a different way everytime it repeats itself.

When you look at the board, whenever the going gets rough, everyone wants to know "the count".