Too Easy. I predicted a 100pt DOW futures rise. So far we are up 50pts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

are are short this Ben Bernanke frenzy better get their trades off till tiss Jackson hole is sorted. Of course this is just easy money you could bank on. Like a Treasury Bill. Thats how easy it was to make 20K at the market close. $40k by time we open if things go as I expect. Thanks Boys I will be selling and taking profits as soon as the speech is released TOOOOOOOOOOO EAAAAASY

#2 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

You can say that to those who are massively short.... As you know markets are loaded with shorts so you are leaving Shorts with HOPE.
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#3 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

are are short this Ben Bernanke frenzy better get their trades off till tiss Jackson hole is sorted.

Of course this is just easy money you could bank on. Like a Treasury Bill. Thats how easy it was to make 20K at the market close. $40k by time we open if things go as I expect.

Thanks Boys

I will be selling and taking profits as soon as the speech is released

TOOOOOOOOOOO EAAAAASY

fantastic call!

40k should pay for a nice dinner!!!

#4 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

btw, when Resistances are broken above, it becomes Supports.
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#5 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

Just banked the profits $39,976. Now short[using $5000 of the profit]..TrendSignal please dont ask me to explain why. My stops are 100pts above the high in the DOW futures[info for the boyz..lol] I will be adding to shorts on the way down. This is a swing short by the way. PS. I trade using spread trades[spreadbetting] lovely system in Australia and UK very similar to futures so the markets trade for me 24hrs/day even when they are closed elsewhere[info for Teaparty]

#6 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

This makes NO sense, you were just saying how much you expect things to ramp into the speech and now you are short. Nothing changed in the past 30 minutes, nothing, yet you completely reversed. wtf.
“be right and sit tight”

#7 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

Just banked the profits $39,976. Now short[using $5000 of the profit]..TrendSignal please dont ask me to explain why.

My stops are 100pts above the high in the DOW futures[info for the boyz..lol]

I will be adding to shorts on the way down.

This is a swing short by the way.

PS. I trade using spread trades[spreadbetting] lovely system in Australia and UK very similar to futures so the markets trade for me 24hrs/day even when they are closed elsewhere[info for Teaparty]

whats your target on the downside??

This makes NO sense, you were just saying how much you expect things to ramp into the speech and now you are short.

Nothing changed in the past 30 minutes, nothing, yet you completely reversed. wtf.

The prices changed dramatically i might add!!!

whether it happens before the speech tonight or during regular trading he is in sync!!!!

#8 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

IC,You are right, he is in sync, but it all feels weird.  This board is meant to be used to share ideas, etc, not to say things like "i reversed, but i wont say why" after spending literally a day counting down to the speech and harping on and on about the dow being up 300 points.  This is just laughable, in sync or not.  -rkd
“be right and sit tight”

#9 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Dont overthink it mate, my target was reached; I sold.

Lets say the bulls are foaming at the mouth and I didnt have to wait an extra 12hours.

Its 1:45pm here in Australia by the way. Benny boys speech is at 1am Saturday morn.

I neva thought we were going to da moon. In fact I think we are heading south

This makes NO sense, you were just saying how much you expect things to ramp into the speech and now you are short.

Nothing changed in the past 30 minutes, nothing, yet you completely reversed. wtf.

Yep prices changed dramatically. While i was typing the DOW futures went up another 25pts. These bulls are crazy I tell you.

My target is the same as SemiBiz for Sept30 and an extra 10% lower into Oct31st.

Just banked the profits $39,976. Now short[using $5000 of the profit]..TrendSignal please dont ask me to explain why.

My stops are 100pts above the high in the DOW futures[info for the boyz..lol]

I will be adding to shorts on the way down.

This is a swing short by the way.

PS. I trade using spread trades[spreadbetting] lovely system in Australia and UK very similar to futures so the markets trade for me 24hrs/day even when they are closed elsewhere[info for Teaparty]

whats your target on the downside??

The prices changed dramatically i might add!!!

whether it happens before the speech tonight or during regular trading he is in sync!!!!

Edited by BigBadBear, 30 August 2007 - 10:47 PM.

#10 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

Fair enough BBB, still cant say that I understand, but I am glad you are doing well. 
“be right and sit tight”