• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

Next 25/30 points or more will be south...we hit a high Friday late in the day.....I'm not sure what we topped at this point....but in keeping with my bullish take....it would be only a pull back within the larger count off the bottom...and that pattern is still not clear....this next pull back will give a ton of info of what is going on in the bullish sense as long as 1418ish holds if we get that far. South of that point on a close....we will be testing the lows. No charts as there are too many possibles at this point and wouldn't want to get accused of manipulating just to fit my bias....otherwise all you savvy technicians might be all over me. :P :P

#2 underabigw

underabigw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:46 AM

TP,

FWIW - I'm a relative newbie, but I can say that of all the people who post charts here I have
never seen a bias in your posts. In fact, sometimes my head swims when I go from post
to post of your charts showing both bull and bear possible counts.

I may be slow, but I would have a hard time figuring out whether you were bullish or bearish
at any given point.

Please continue to post your charts when you feel things have cleared up some.

Thanks for sharing your work!

UBW

Next 25/30 points or more will be south...we hit a high Friday late in the day.....I'm not sure what we topped at this point....but in keeping with my bullish take....it would be only a pull back within the larger count off the bottom...and that pattern is still not clear....this next pull back will give a ton of info of what is going on in the bullish sense as long as 1418ish holds if we get that far. South of that point on a close....we will be testing the lows.

No charts as there are too many possibles at this point and wouldn't want to get accused of manipulating just to fit my bias....otherwise all you savvy technicians might be all over me. :P :P

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

As long as I've seen TP's work, he is never fully bullish or bearish. Makes him a great trader in that sense. He'll take a position, but when he's wrong, he'll get stopped out and flip his position.

Many can learn from that example. Keeps your loses small, and lets your profits run. I've seen him reap huge profits and take tiny tiny loses.. amazing trader.

TP,

FWIW - I'm a relative newbie, but I can say that of all the people who post charts here I have
never seen a bias in your posts. In fact, sometimes my head swims when I go from post
to post of your charts showing both bull and bear possible counts.

I may be slow, but I would have a hard time figuring out whether you were bullish or bearish
at any given point.

Please continue to post your charts when you feel things have cleared up some.

Thanks for sharing your work!

UBW

Next 25/30 points or more will be south...we hit a high Friday late in the day.....I'm not sure what we topped at this point....but in keeping with my bullish take....it would be only a pull back within the larger count off the bottom...and that pattern is still not clear....this next pull back will give a ton of info of what is going on in the bullish sense as long as 1418ish holds if we get that far. South of that point on a close....we will be testing the lows.

No charts as there are too many possibles at this point and wouldn't want to get accused of manipulating just to fit my bias....otherwise all you savvy technicians might be all over me. :P :P

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

I'll be very surprized if all dips aren't bought untill Sept 18th. We have a bunch of economic data this week and brokers reporting on their book losses. May get a little volatile, but overall all dips should be bought. Thats the concervative view. The not so conservative view is that the market will run away ahead of Sept 18th, considering so much doubt and mistrust and bearishness. I bet this weekend every fund manager is combing through stocks to see what they can pick up for the earnings season and end of the year run. There is so much doubt, mistrust expectations of a pullback, sell-off, you name it... that I wonder how many people will be surprized if we just gap up again on Tuesday. I know even I will be :)

Edited by ogm, 01 September 2007 - 11:01 AM.

#5 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

...so much doubt and mistrust and bearishness.

I bet this weekend every fund manager is combing through stocks to see what they can pick up for the earnings season and end of the year run..

the first is the opposite of the second and vice-versa

one can not have both :D

#6 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:23 AM

My projection model has 1466 as the low for next week with 1490 to 1502 areas as the high.
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#7 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

We failed to break through and a pullback is in order. Not to mention some of the a/d volume charts are suggesting a need for a breather. But I do agree, it will just be a pullback and whlie I will try to play the short side on Tuesday/Wed...I know it will be difficult as the opportunities lies on the long side.
“be right and sit tight”