and just follow me.....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

FWIW, I don't really have a problem playing the small pull back here and there. Lately they have been good for 20-30 SPX points. I also don't have a problem playing the rallies which have been equally good.

Not investing, not forecasting, ...., nope, ...., not even a sign of guru stuff. Just trading what I see. Maybe we need an InvestersTalk. Opps, looks like da_chief alrealy has that one nailed.

For now in cash waiting for a short setup and then a long setup. Guess what happens after the long setup? Yup, looking for another short setup and then another long setup and so it goes. Pretty boring stuff but it works.

KC

We already know in this bull market the largest part of the upside comes in form of overnight gaps. If the volatility starts dropping then it is very likely pullbacks will be rather shallow, but the danger of upside gaps will be high. Rally out of the bottom last August wasn't worth playing pullbacks IMO, but as I said, my postion trades have larger timeframes. Though I'm not a stranger of scalping a few points on the futures here and there.

Edited by ogm, 02 September 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#12 emdee

emdee

• TT Member+
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

We already know in this bull market the largest part of the upside comes in form of overnight gaps.

Very true. When they start that crap it lends credence to the idea that an IT bottom is in place. The boyz are masters at keeping J6P on the outside looking in.

There have been many times over the last several years I have had to hold my nose and buy because of this.

Mike

#13 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

30 es points south ....leveraged .....is not a few pennies.....please ...get off the train once in awhile.....there is always a place to get back on.

Someone posted this video here last March. Maybe, relevant once again.

http://www.sentiment...ume_thrust.html