ES 15 min.... Bear trap closing ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Notice where all volume today has changed hands.

All price decay has happened overnight on Globex with no volume. The volume has changed hands in a very narrow range.

If the futures stay positive overnight and gap up tomorrow, everyone who went short today is trapped.

IF.... but thats what it looks like so far.

And yes, I have nothing better to do then to post these charts :)

Posted Image

#2 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

LOL Glad you don't cause I have nothing better to do than read 'em. :) I think it's a toss up here. Duh. I guess it's always a toss up. Till COMPQ or NDX breaks Friday's low, I feel we are in an uptrend in a bull market and the benefit of doubt goes to the trend. Having said that,I am short right now. But it's counter trend sizing and I plan to close it tomorrow. I'll go long with trend sizing on my earliest buy signal. If we break Friday's low, I'll move to Plan B.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#3 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:00 PM

Notice where all volume today has changed hands.

All price decay has happened overnight on Globex with no volume. The volume has changed hands in a very narrow range.

If the futures stay positive overnight and gap up tomorrow, everyone who went short today is trapped.

IF.... but thats what it looks like so far.

And yes, I have nothing better to do then to post these charts :)

Posted Image

Are you trading these MINOR 20 point days or holding out for da_chief's 2009 targets?

I fail to see your point with the swings we are getting.

KC

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:41 AM

I currently have 100+ individual stock positions, and daytrade futures for beer change.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:06 AM

Nope, that didn't work, just got stopped on futures.