Short WMT in size at 42.3 stop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:18 AM

I don't like the company, I don't like their stores and I don't like the stock. This is PERSONAL ! :D

Posted Image

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

darn WMT.. is trying to escape its fate. But the end of the world is near. And at the end of the World there is no WMT. ................................................................ AP Wal-Mart August Same-Store Sales Rise Thursday September 6, 7:43 am ET Wal-Mart Stores Same-Store Sales Increase 3.1 Percent in August, Easily Beating Estimate BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, said Thursday same-store sales rose 3.1 percent in August to beat analysts' expectations, helped by back-to-school sales. Same-store sales, or sales at stores open at least a year, is a key indicator of retailer performance since it measures growth at existing stores rather than newly opened ones. ADVERTISEMENT click here Analysts polled by Thomson Financial predicted a 1.5 percent increase. Same-store sales for the period ended Aug. 31 rose 2.8 percent at Wal-Mart Stores and 5.2 percent at Sam's Club. Including fuel, same-store sales rose 3 percent, including a 2.8 percent rise at Wal-Mart and a 4 percent rise at Sam's Club. Total sales for the month grew 9 percent to $28.22 billion, from $25.83 billion last year. Back-to-school electronics, school supplies and children's apparel sold best, Wal-Mart said. In July, Wal-Mart said it would cut prices on 16,000 back-to-school items. Year-to-date, same-store sales rose 1.5 percent while total sales grew 9 percent to $207.49 billion.