• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

So who's more embarrassed ? Jobs, who got thrashed in by the media, and his legion of early adopters by dropping the price $200 on the iphone after only 2 months after initial release ? Or the legion of early adopters, and braggerts that bought the early phones at least as high as $600, and many above $1000 on resellers ? Boy do they feel a little stupid ? Solution. Doll out a little more hubris and give them a $100 "credit" which can only be used at the Apple store. Whoopie ! Now they can buy a $100 leather holding case. (which cost 2 bucks to make). Frankly the only idiot I see here is none other than Jobs. As a sticker should be stuck to his head saying "istupid." So they sold 270,000 phones in first weekend. But only all of 500000 phones since then. Not at all surprising. Its a phone for cris sake ! There are gazillions out there to choose from. At least with iPod there weren't alreday a gazillion of them out there already making the same product. gPhone will flesh out the real deal in terms of whether this type of gimmick will play with the masses. It'll be interesting to see how many iphones are sold by end of next year, and how much more they drop the price b4 they drop the product and label it a "novelty" from the year 2007.
OTIS.

#2 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:49 PM

Frankly the only idiot I see here is none other than Jobs. As a sticker should be stuck to his head saying "istupid."

Jobs was stupid and pulled a bone headed play...but he was not the ONLY one, by ANY means!

As I saw the lines of people camped out, and talked to some later who bought the phone, I had one impression of the these dweebs -- they are all idiots, suckers, AND/OR very immature (or at least they need to get a life)!

NOTHING new in electronics ever sells for more -- or works less well -- after it first comes out.

I won't upgrade to -- or get a new computer with Vista -- until AT LEAST the first update is released.

{plus ATT is (nearly) the worst carrier to be forced to use}.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.