down down down

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

Just a general observation. sURE we gonna pop up monday or tuesday, but as far as i see it for now, trend remains down. LT I remain boooooooooooooolish, but just not right here right now. Sadly I closed the short i took out otherwise i would have bagged some serious $$$$$$. Never mind, another day another trade ;)
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

I'd love to see this market drop next week. I have a HUGE shopping list. Will start taking on some leverage. Incredible buying opportunities. Especcialy in small cap Chineese stocks. Stuff that is growing at 50% per year, trading at 8-10 forward P/E with 0.25-0.5 PEG, almost 1/3-1/4 market cap in cash, low to zero debt, and cash flow very positive. I went through some stocks today, and couldn't beleive what I saw. Underfollowed, underappreciated stuff, that sold off 40-50% off the highs a few weeks ago.

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

I'd love to see this market drop next week. I have a HUGE shopping list. Will start taking on some leverage.

Incredible buying opportunities. Especcialy in small cap Chineese stocks. Stuff that is growing at 50% per year, trading at 8-10 forward P/E with 0.25-0.5 PEG, almost 1/3-1/4 market cap in cash, low to zero debt, and cash flow very positive.

I went through some stocks today, and couldn't beleive what I saw. Underfollowed, underappreciated stuff, that sold off 40-50% off the highs a few weeks ago.

....and? Going to share?

Edited by Teaparty, 08 September 2007 - 07:55 PM.

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

August 8 highs mark the pivot for me. Lettin the price do the talking. Good trading.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

....and? Going to share?

Take a look at YTEC, SDTH, HRBN, SCR, CMED for example. CMED is a little more expensive then the rest of the pack, but I'd love to get it on a pullback, but even here its worth it.. Would love a deep pullback in MR and CHDX too.

GIGM and AOB are going much higher too.

Out of US stocks... FTO and UEIC have made the cut here already.

And a few others if we get a deeper pullback, like SSYS.

Added VII in the 12th on Friday too.

Edited by ogm, 08 September 2007 - 08:22 PM.

#6 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:42 PM

Another interesting situation.. JOSB... I own a little, but I'm looking to buy more here. Reminds me of a situation in DECK a couple years ago. ( Take a look at DECK chart, since it was in the mid 20s or so). There is almost 60% short position in the JOSB stock. Someone is trying to hold it underwater very hard. They posted 7+% increase in same store sales, 14.5% increase in total sales. And they will be opening 40+ new stores over the next year. Look at the valuation. This is a tremendous value stock here. But the short position is driving it down. Management is scared of a takeover. Passed a new poisoned pill Friday after the close. That huge short will be blown out of the water sooner rather then later.

#7 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:22 AM

There is almost 60% short position in the JOSB stock. I suggest you dont do anything til this date Sep 30, from edgar: "The Rights are not exercisable until the Distribution Date and will expire at the close of business on the tenth anniversary of the Rights Agreement unless earlier redeemed by the Company as described below." I would guess that a lot of this short position is an arb of these convert preferreds. I think everyone should be carefl with the shorts are gonna get killed argument until they check for converts - this is a no brainer arb that are done a lot. The other is just to buy a stock to get the rights offereing (e.g. warrants), then sell the original position and hold the warrants for free - a lot of times these warrants are only issued to certain classes of investors, a favorite being "beneficiary owners of 10% (20% etc ) or more of the common shares, " so the unwashed masses dont get such a nice perk... and usually because the bene owner has demanded something to keep holding....or not to dump. klh
best,
klh

#8 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

http://stockcharts.c...6258&r=3711.png