• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

Volume target hit (bagged and tagged) and the market reversed hard. Alas, I was in multiple meetings and missed my shot. It was a pretty set up, though. From our late alert Friday: "Downside over the coming days, if this thing gets in trouble, could be ES1443 and even down to near 140000" I figured we'd see a defiance rally late today and tomorrow. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

what lined up in terms of numbers, etc that flashed you that short setup. i "felt" it in the morning, but could not pull the trigger with out something specific....curious as to know what jumped out at you.
“be right and sit tight”

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

what lined up in terms of numbers, etc that flashed you that short setup. i "felt" it in the morning, but could not pull the trigger with out something specific....curious as to know what jumped out at you.

Actually, while I'm Bearish for the week, I wasn't sure that we'd get down very far today. The set up was for a long from 144300. Why? Because we hit a target, and I figured that they wouldn't kill it on the anniversary of 9-11, so a bounce was in the offing. High odds play. I'd have taken the profit already, though, even though there's likely a bit more upside into tomorrow.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#4 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:06 PM

interesting, good point about 9-11. I am actually wondering if this sell-off in the past 30 minutes was out of some kind of fear because of tomorrow's day. Tomorrow morning everything will be fine and they should rally back up to where we were at 3:30. Just a hunch. I will go back and check for the past 5 years how action was around 9-11. Curious really.

Edited by rkd80, 10 September 2007 - 03:06 PM.

“be right and sit tight”

#5 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

As a subscriber to his service, Marks calls have been nothing short of spectacular!!!AS i struggle to find my rythum his recs have kept me out of serious trouble... I need to fly him to Vegas to actually sit next to me and knock me in the head as I continue to do bonehead things!!!

#6 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

As a subscriber to his service, Marks calls have been nothing short of spectacular!!!AS i struggle to find my rythum his recs have kept me out of serious trouble...

I need to fly him to Vegas to actually sit next to me and knock me in the head as I continue to do bonehead things!!!

I get Marks calls in the morning, as well, and he has been red hot, no question. What I like even more is how his approach rubs off on my daytrades-kudos Mark!

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

We all rub off on each other. I'm influenced by Nav and Semi, too. I've learned from them both over the years. The sentiment thing, however, I get to take full credit for. That I learned the hard way. ;) Over years. Thanks for the kind words, guys. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#8 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

We all rub off on each other. I'm influenced by Nav and Semi, too. I've learned from them both over the years. The sentiment thing, however, I get to take full credit for.

That I learned the hard way. ;)

Over years.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Mark

i do pretty well trading stocks but for some reason I have a hard time with index futures...

its killing me!

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

We all rub off on each other. I'm influenced by Nav and Semi, too. I've learned from them both over the years. The sentiment thing, however, I get to take full credit for.

That I learned the hard way. ;)

Over years.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Mark

i do pretty well trading stocks but for some reason I have a hard time with index futures...

its killing me!

It's tricky. Watch for what you want to do and think about whether others might be thinking the same thing. If so, and it's not a really powerful set up, it's probably a fade.

The self-fade can be a good tool. Sometimes known as the barf indicator. Volume, however seems to be the one that keeps me out of trades that don't work out.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#10 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

scroll for 9-11 time frame last 5 yrs