Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

here we go---------------->

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

Hmm... Welcome to "top pickers anonymous" :) Its a big club today.

Hate to be negative, but up volume > down volume despite negative a/d.

Just an observation.

Edited by ogm, 12 September 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#4 gorydog

gorydog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

Hmm... Welcome to "top pickers anonymous" :) Its a big club today.

Hate to be negative, but up volume > down volume despite negative a/d.

Just an observation.

I think we will turn down, but one last squirt up to clean out some more stops first- by 2:00-2:30pm

GD

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

RUT is severely underperforming among the market caps. Semis are underperforming within the NDX now. The energy has been pushing the indices with the assumption of easy money. The banks underperformed since the sell off. The internal oscillators are about to cross down after getting quite extreme. The new highs did not quite improve on Nasdaq even though the index approached to the new highs. This is a narrow rally, this is the early stages of a bottom, but may not be the bottom. I am certain that the next few days will not be very easy for the bulls at least. A sell off into the Fed meeting is also what I am looking for. It would be the best case scenario to corner the Fed, yet the USD is in trouble and I can not really blame the Fed if they decide not lower there... - kisa

#6 DraggdOut

DraggdOut

• Traders-Talk User
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

In the IT (next few months out) I am completely agnostic and sitting on a lot of December index straddles. ST (in the next few days) I just got a bunch of UQQ UW filled at .74 and again at .96

#7 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

the ST stuff is not as robust as a few days ago for sure, but it being Sept and all the crash calls is an offset for me...its a well advertised collapse if we do...I still favor up to flat into the fed, they cut, and then a surprise sell off.

#8 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

the ST stuff is not as robust as a few days ago for sure, but it being Sept and all the crash calls is an offset for me...its a well advertised collapse if we do...I still favor up to flat into the fed, they cut, and then a surprise sell off.

Surprize sell off ? ;)

#9 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:47 PM

the street knows when he lowers we will zoom into outer space. :sweatingbullets:

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

I am guessing the market has already discounted a 25 basis points cut. So if the cut is 50 points, we should see a good rally. Otherwise a blah market.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule