• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phineas_gage

phineas_gage

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...iref=newssearch

The last time I checked we didn't go around announcing that all military flights in the US will be grounded on a certain day, and give that date 10 days in advance. Furthermore, this is in response to a mishandling of nuclear weapons. Maybe its just me, but something stinks about this story.

#2 phineas_gage

phineas_gage

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

The part I really hate is that they just "found" a nuclear reactor in Syria. The other part I really don't like was "Once the mistake was discovered, the Air Force immediately began an inventory of all of its nuclear weapons, a military official said." What, like we didn't have an inventory before? Did these idiots lose one? OK rant over. Nothing else to see here. move along.

#3 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

I spent a couple of hours this weekend reading other boards and blogs about all of this. Apparently it is impossible to move a nuke somewhere by "accident" due do the multipile protocols in place. Seems as if some AF officers were unhappy about it, broke ranks and spilled the beans. The "stand-down" is a distraction and cover up, it is said. But we are surrounded by tin hatters, so one never really knows.

Posted Image