Aug 16 B of A borrowed 2 billion to shore up CFC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

And just read Countrywide employees are suing ala Enron for losing their pension fund value. http://money.cnn.com...sion=2007091213

Take a look at CFC's chart. Guess the FED can loan BofA another 2 billion

Edited by zedor, 12 September 2007 - 02:12 PM.

#2 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

And how do I make money on that? :blink: CFC is in trouble. Everybody knows it. How about several thousand other companies that are not in trouble? Well, who the hell wants to hear about them? Boring. failure is exciting! Somebody goes out of business every year. Maybe this is CFC's turn. I don't know. Are you recommending shorting it? Denleo

#3 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

And how do I make money on that? :blink:

CFC is in trouble. Everybody knows it. How about several thousand other companies that are not in trouble? Well, who the hell wants to hear about them? Boring. failure is exciting! Somebody goes out of business every year. Maybe this is CFC's turn. I don't know. Are you recommending shorting it?

Denleo

How you make money is your decision,

Back when Bof A came to the nosiy rescue of CFC Mark even posted that the banks know when there is a good deal to be had.

I respectfully disagreed.

CFC was a key player and remains one. Denial of what it going on with a key player is of course each trader's perogative. Their chart is down. Draw your own money making conclusions. :rolleyes:

#4 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

CFC will be in the $8-10 range by December. But then again, I really don't know what I'm talking about because I'm not a BAC banker. :cry:

#5 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

Poor employees. You would think people learn from Enron regarding 401k's. It makes little sense to me why you would want to tie so much up in the company you work for, unless you're high enough up to know what the heck is going with the company or you get a gazillion stock options so you can afford to lose a bit. Sometimes keeping your money is harder than earning it. :(
OTIS.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Back when Bof A came to the nosiy rescue of CFC Mark even posted that the banks know when there is a good deal to be had.

I respectfully disagreed.

CFC was a key player and remains one. Denial of what it going on with a key player is of course each trader's perogative. Their chart is down. Draw your own money making conclusions. :rolleyes:

So, what, EXACTLY is going on there? I'll tell you that I don't know. I know that BofA infused capital. Maybe they're going to get much more back when they get first pick of the portfolio? Maybe not. I'm just saying that they put a large chunk of change in there and it's not because they're nice guys. One guess, they saw Value. I could be wrong. It's a complex deal.

But is there anyone who doesn't know that sub prime is killing companies left and right? That CFC is in trouble? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm not a buyer, I can tell you, but I wouldn't want to be putting shorts on here.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter