A long idea- Encana

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phineas_gage

phineas_gage

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

I've been struggling to find longs. I'm as bearish as anybody right now, but I sorta like this chart. Long it right here with a 60 stop.

link to chart: http://stockcharts.c...id=p38302586932

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:59 PM

hi and welcome to our friendly group here.

only mention this to confirm the usefulness of some data sources for TA based entries:

46.92 was the long advertised resistance by Ted Burge at www.tic-tac-dough, which represented bullish confirmation when overcome (Ted has long posted his work at StockCharts public lists)

47.54 was the buy entry "trade trigger" sent to all Market Edge subscribers at Schwab -

Posted Image

Edited by hiker, 12 September 2007 - 07:00 PM.

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:26 PM

Yes, good looking chart. Take a look at weekly. A lot of energy charts look like that one. I don't know why you were struggling to find longs, though. Plenty of stocks to buy. I had several 52 week highs in my portfolio today. And none of them in energy sector... CELG, ICLR, BPHX, GCH, SYNO, ALVR, VOD, PG Going to buy IMA tomorrow... also a nice looking chart. Several others pushing close to 52 week highs too... GIGM, ADBE, CMED, YGE, SNDA, GRMN, WDC, NCIT are the closest. GLNG also looking for a breakout on weekly.

Edited by ogm, 12 September 2007 - 07:36 PM.

#4 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

P: Welcome!. If you haven't already taken any actions, you may want to consider waiting until 9/25 before establishing a position...my work indicates some weakness until then, albeit gas has been rather volatile the last two days...Good trading MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#5 phineas_gage

phineas_gage

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

Update: Moving stop up to 60.50 (net purchase price yesterday) and initiating trailing stop algorithm. Hope it works out.