What will most likely happen here after the fed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 isaac613

isaac613

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:31 AM

We will have a rally on some Fed speech because they will lower rates .25 basis points because they don't want to overheat the market. Then they will say something like we are watching the situation closely. The market will take that as a cause to rally pretty hard today and maybe spill into tomorrow. Then the bottom will drop out of it. It will be a repeat of the last time the fed met. The market rallied for 2 days then, the shoe dropped. I expect this drop to be even worse than last time though. We should have a very hard fall Until about October 18th. Then the market will come back a bit for the end of year rally. Thats how I see it.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

We will have a rally on some Fed speech because they will lower rates .25 basis points because they don't want to overheat the market. Then they will say something like we are watching the situation closely. The market will take that as a cause to rally pretty hard today and maybe spill into tomorrow. Then the bottom will drop out of it. It will be a repeat of the last time the fed met. The market rallied for 2 days then, the shoe dropped. I expect this drop to be even worse than last time though. We should have a very hard fall Until about October 18th. Then the market will come back a bit for the end of year rally. Thats how I see it.

Why do you think " the bottom will fall out" ? On what news ?

The internets were flooded with pictures of people making a run on Northern Trust bank... and the market YAWNED.

Earnings are coming in pretty good. Expectations are very low.

As long as earnings coming in OK, corporations will not have any problems with funding, that will relief the stress on debt markets.

Consumer apparently isn't dead either, according to BBY numbers today.

And people keep shorting and shorting in a hope that something will happen. Every tiny little dip being shorted furiously. Every rally proclaimed the top. .....

Edited by ogm, 18 September 2007 - 09:47 AM.