• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:05 PM

Youtube Link

Great rant-commentary why rates matter: it's not about being sixpence none the richer.

#2 toni

toni

• Traders-Talk User
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

If the Fed was neutral in the war between the bulls & the bears the bears would have won a long time ago. But the Fed is not neutral. They will give the bears an elbo in the eye every chance they get. Getting pounded time after time after time is the price the bears have to pay for fighting the Fed. The only thing I can figure is the bears like to be punished and beat up. They know it is going to happen, yet just keep repeating the same thing (shorting) that they have to know will get them pounded again. toni b

#3 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

"If the Fed was neutral in the war between the bulls & the bears the bears would have won a long time ago. But the Fed is not neutral. They will give the bears an elbo in the eye every chance they get. Getting pounded time after time after time is the price the bears have to pay for fighting the Fed. The only thing I can figure is the bears like to be punished and beat up. They know it is going to happen, yet just keep repeating the same thing (shorting) that they have to know will get them pounded again." ! well said..

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

If the Fed was neutral in the war between the bulls & the bears the bears would have won a long time ago. But the Fed is not neutral. They will give the bears an elbo in the eye every chance they get. Getting pounded time after time after time is the price the bears have to pay for fighting the Fed. The only thing I can figure is the bears like to be punished and beat up. They know it is going to happen, yet just keep repeating the same thing (shorting) that they have to know will get them pounded again.

toni b

Its called masochism.

Of course Fed will never be on the side of the bears. Thats not how the world works.

And bears .....

Posted Image

#5 mbradley

mbradley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

I know this mind set well, and I can pretty much guarantee you this guy still has not got out of his shorts. He probably has another 100 handles of pain coming.

#6 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:44 PM

Yes, I can hear the rumble of the bears calling for the special meeting tonight as they go over all the trend line breaks and spectacular momentum to the upside. Tomorrow afternoon the realization that we are a little over 2% from all time highs on the SPX and DOW will sink in, and that should help seal in a Delta hedge melt up into the Friday Expiry close. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: OGM, Big thank you for HOV!!! Nice 30% move since your call. :)

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

Yes, I can hear the rumble of the bears calling for the special meeting tonight as they go over all the trend line breaks and spectacular momentum to the upside. Tomorrow afternoon the realization that we are a little over 2% from all time highs on the SPX and DOW will sink in, and that should help seal in a Delta hedge melt up into the Friday Expiry close. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

OGM, Big thank you for HOV!!! Nice 30% move since your call. :)

I have to admit, I chickened out at 13 today, left a good chunk on the table :) I had Sept 7.5 calls that I bought for a whooping 10 cent premium on Friday at 3.7. Pulled the trigger when it spiked. Didn't want to risk it with 3 days till expiration.

But it was a monster squeeze. Biggest % gainer on NYSE today. Glad you made some money on it :)

Edited by ogm, 18 September 2007 - 09:20 PM.

#8 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

If the Fed was neutral in the war between the bulls & the bears the bears would have won a long time ago. But the Fed is not neutral. They will give the bears an elbo in the eye every chance they get. Getting pounded time after time after time is the price the bears have to pay for fighting the Fed. The only thing I can figure is the bears like to be punished and beat up. They know it is going to happen, yet just keep repeating the same thing (shorting) that they have to know will get them pounded again.

toni b

Toni, well put.

This -- at least in part (along with the view to "go long or sellout only" for most retail stock traders/investors) -- is what gives the stock market it's historical long bias.

However, fear overcomes that bias in short order.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.