#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

http://www.lewrockwe...h/north568.html

I dont know.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

How can this be deflationary?

http://research.stlo...ies/MZM?&cid=30
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#3 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

Is this the same Gary North that was featured on coasttocoastam.com back in theY2K days? Back then he was preaching that y2k was going to lead to a massive collapse of civilization.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#4 normxxx

normxxx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

From mid-September, 2006, to mid-September, 2007, the increase was 1.8% per annum.

Yes, I have been watching AMB for the last year, when it first went below the inflation rate. But M3 is around 14% these days (and has been well over 12% during all that time). I think M3 is reflecting the 'credit/money' created by all of the banks and also the new non-bank banks, e.g., FANNIE, FREDDIE. and all those other mortgage lenders.

In other words, the monetary system is out of control and BB and the Feds have been trying to get it back under control. I think he knows and is willing to tolerate a recession, if necessary— but not if it brings down the whole financial system as it is threatening to do.

The breaking of interest rate change and AMB change linkage was invented by AG, who famously raised interest rates for 2½ years, while at the same time adding prodigiously to the AMB. BB is now apparently trying the reverse.

Edited by normxxx, 23 September 2007 - 12:34 PM.

The content of this message is NOT intended as professional advice. In fact, I am very unprofessional.

#5 normxxx

normxxx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

Gary North says:

In other words, between today and the next wave of monetary inflation, we are likely to go through a recession.

I expect it by the end of this year; but it should be very mild, about like the one we saw in 2001. Since BB will then have to really inflate, 2008 and early 2009 should be passably good for the stock market.

P.S. iTulip and I have been predicting this recession (at end of 2007) at least since 2004.
The content of this message is NOT intended as professional advice. In fact, I am very unprofessional.

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

They just started to inflate, there could be some backing and filling unless it goes straight up. But there is quite a bit money in the horizon heading toward the markets...

Posted Image

- kisa

Edited by kisacik, 23 September 2007 - 05:41 PM.

#7 normxxx

normxxx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

John Hussman has an excellent piece on this very topic today; vis:

HUSSMAN: SHOW ME THE MONEY!