Kudos to de Cheif

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

I recall a post of his perhaps a year ago or more where he said buy Canadian dollar once it reached 57 cents on the US dollar. (Please correct me if my memory is faulty). The Loonie is now @ par. Best to you For the conspiracy buffs out there the US can now safely annex Canada.

Edited by johngeorge, 23 September 2007 - 11:26 AM.

Peace
johngeorge

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

Martin Armstrong did better than that in the early 1990's he stated that the Canadian dollar would go down to 62 cents US and then go up to parity and above along with the coming commodity boom. He also forecast an international debt crisis in which gold could go as high as $10,000 per ounce as it did on an inflation adjusted basis in the 1860's which the Cary Grant film ' The Toast of the Town' was about. Armstrong's view was - "We are about to live history" ... and... "My view of the future is not a very nice one." How do you spell hyper-inflation?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

Martin Armstrong did better than that in the early 1990's he stated that the Canadian dollar would go down to 62 cents US and then go up to parity and above along with the coming commodity boom. He also forecast an international debt crisis in which gold could go as high as $10,000 per ounce as it did on an inflation adjusted basis in the 1860's which the Cary Grant film ' The Toast of the Town' was about.

Armstrong's view was - "We are about to live history" ... and... "My view of the future is not a very nice one." How do you spell hyper-inflation?

I missed that, Russ. Thanks for the info. Obviously he was way ahead of the pack. :D
Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

any words from Marty now that he is out of jail? He was amazingly prescient: some really stellar calls.

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

any words from Marty now that he is out of jail?
He was amazingly prescient: some really stellar calls.

News to me, I talked with his son Marty Jr. a couple of weeks ago. Martin Sr. was transferred to a white collar crime prison and he and his lawyer (hired by Martin's mother and family after the government took all the money away from Martin's original lawyer) are waiting for the Supreme Court to hear the case.

Did I miss something?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/