70% odds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

that we bottomed today on the SPX. I should get confirmation tommorow morning. With that late day red candles on 30-min, they could be sucking in shorts big time. The best bear traps are laid out that way, i.e showing weakness on lower timeframes, while gaining strength on higher timeframes. NDX is looking very strong and is breaking out. :redbull: My projection for SPX in the VST was SPX 1500-1505. We tagged 1507 today morning. Good enough for government work.

Edited by NAV, 25 September 2007 - 03:00 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

I thought bears could do more. What was I thinking? I hope you are right. And thank you for posting your analysis. I love it. Denleo

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:21 PM

From a classic TA standpoint, NDX action today was very bullish. We broke out yesterday on the NDX. But we could not get a follow thru, as SPX had some downside unfinished business. Today NDX retested the breakout area, while the SPX finished it's business, and skyrocketed higher with a outside reversal bar on the daily charts. That's bullish IMO. It also says that SPX has also possibly bottomed today. We'll see...

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

From a classic TA standpoint, NDX action today was very bullish. We broke out yesterday on the NDX. But we could not get a follow thru, as SPX had some downside unfinished business. Today NDX retested the breakout area, while the SPX finished it's business, and skyrocketed higher with a outside reversal bar on the daily charts. That's bullish IMO. It also says that SPX has also possibly bottomed today. We'll see...

Tricky here I would say, but I am long. Small trading right now for me with bigger forces as I see it.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

Tricky here I would say, but I am long. Small trading right now for me with bigger forces as I see it.

It always tricky. Otherwise, it's easy money for everyone :D

Good luck with your trade.

#6 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

I have a stop and reverse point at 1505 cash market. If it goes to that level quickly then I will go short full size, subject to usual first hour issues etc.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.