Speaking of stolen credit cards

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

I guess it's not widely known that there is a law that requires the 3 big credit agencies to immediately notify any of your creditors if you disagree with any derogatory item posted to your credit history and the creditor has 30 days to submit proof to the credit agency of why they issued the derogatory item and (and here's the important point) in almost every case the creditor will abstain from sending the credit agency anything. (They're too busy chasing deadbeats I guess). The credit agency is then required to permanently remove the derogatory item from your credit record!! If you want to test this, get a copy of your credit report and find an item you don't like, then just write a letter to the credit agency telling them you dispute the item and see what happens. Don't even bother to give them a reason. Within a few weeks, poof, it will disappear. That's what these businesses that claim they will repair your credit are all about. They are aware of this law and simply dispute every derogatory item in a person's credit file and they come out looking like heros.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for that information!
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule