the hui and the dow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

the hui is well into its 2nd wave , this is wave 2 of primary wave 5 here so after we correct we should get a hell of a rally. this one i have been tracking pretty good. the dow ha ha not so good but ill take a stab imho we either have one more recovery high above the 13877 or we have topped and are about to head down in a wave 3. why do i say this. the financials they completed a wave 3 on aug 16 and have done a wave 4 retrace. also gs ran up into the area of its wave 1 so it sb about finished. so basically i feel the hui will do a wave 2 down here to set up and excellent buy i am looking for an abc correction in wave 2 and the dow sb heading down in a wave 3 which i would suspect will be about 1.6 of wave 1 or 2400 points. well see gann
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

the hui is well into its 2nd wave , this is wave 2 of primary wave 5 here so after we correct we should get a hell of a rally. this one i have been tracking pretty good.
the dow ha ha not so good but ill take a stab imho we either have one more recovery high above the 13877
or we have topped and are about to head down in a wave 3. why do i say this. the financials they completed
a wave 3 on aug 16 and have done a wave 4 retrace. also gs ran up into the area of its wave 1 so it sb about finished.
so basically i feel the hui will do a wave 2 down here to set up and excellent buy i am looking for an
abc correction in wave 2 and the dow sb heading down in a wave 3 which i would suspect will be about
1.6 of wave 1 or 2400 points.

well see

gann

gann
One heck of Fearless Forecast. May we all make some money. :D
Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#3 dasg

dasg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

I am in synch with this opinion about the wave two of gold stocks down, setting up for a big wave up. It would make sense, xau wise (which I follow more than hui) to go back to the point of break out on the daily which is in the 160ish area (not too far away)... As usual, my quandry is one of vehicle. Not wanting to trade futures, but wanting to get some reasonable leverage, what would folks on this board suggest? I am basically an intermediate term player (several months ie: a position trader)...should I go for in the money long term options? If so, what are your all thoughts (nem, paas, abx, goldfields, kinross, etc?)...there aren't many LEAP venues that I know of...it would be easy for me to use margin (two to one) but I would like to get more in the area of 4 or 5 to one leverage in a diversified group of stocks (I don't believe there are long term options on etf's yet) for this next move, at least for the speculative portion of my play here. I recently added a diversified strong mutual fund position but it is not at all leveraged--that was for my conservative portion of this play. You guys are the traders, so talk a bit of strategy to me, thanks, DG

#4 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

i would buy long term in the money calls on the gdx. this is the gold miners index and they have a series of options also my two favorite gold stocks are aem and asa so perhaps a mix of calls on these 3 vehicles imho any questions just ask regards gann

#5 dasg

dasg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

i would buy long term in the money calls on the gdx.
this is the gold miners index and they have a series of options
also my two favorite gold stocks are aem and asa
so perhaps a mix of calls on these 3 vehicles imho

any questions just ask

regards
gann

Thanks, I hadn't thought of the gdx. The long term chart ...five year/monthly shows the beginning of this strong move vis a vis the xau. So, the first wave of this ? one of 3? looks to have completed.
In your own mind, what would you consider "long term" vis a vis, in the money options. I suspect, time wise that the wave two down wouldn't last more than a month or two at the longest but I am curious as to your take on this.

best,
DG

#6 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:34 AM

any questions just ask

regards
gann

Thanks, I hadn't thought of the gdx. The long term chart ...five year/monthly shows the beginning of this strong move vis a vis the xau. So, the first wave of this ? one of 3? looks to have completed.
In your own mind, what would you consider "long term" vis a vis, in the money options. I suspect, time wise that the wave two down wouldn't last more than a month or two at the longest but I am curious as to your take on this.

yes wait at least a month i would say . long term on the calls would be at least 6 months imho
that would give u enuf time for a wave 3 of 5 to unfold

gann

best,
DG

#7 dasg

dasg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

any questions just ask

regards
gann

yes wait at least a month i would say . long term on the calls would be at least 6 months imho
that would give u enuf time for a wave 3 of 5 to unfold

gann

best,
DG

Ganmann,
do you think wave 3 may beginning now or is it too early?
best,
DG

p.s. would you shnitzel in a bit at a time?